Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 503g

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Holosun 503g

Just picked up the Holosun 503g to put on my home defense rifle. Does anyone have one that can tell me if it will hold up over time? I like the nice clear reticle and the fact that it turns on as soon as I pick the gun up without having to mess with any switches.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It's a hobby grade optic. It may last a long time, it may crap out tomorrow. I have one myself...but I also have Aimpoints and Trijicon optics. Those last two go on my duty grade guns. The Holosun goes on one of my plinker rifles.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    It's a hobby grade optic. It may last a long time, it may crap out tomorrow. I have one myself...but I also have Aimpoints and Trijicon optics. Those last two go on my duty grade guns. The Holosun goes on one of my plinker rifles.
    Eh, i'd disagree.

The holosun and PA optics have proven themselves past the point of "hobby grade."

They're really impressive red dots.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Chinese made hobby optic.

Add another $150 to you budget and find an Aimpoint ACO or Pro on sale.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Chinese made hobby optic.

Add another $150 to you budget and find an Aimpoint ACO or Pro on sale.
    Yea, sure, good luck with that. Sometime before firearms are completely banned you MIGHT find something on sale.....Have you noticed ANY SALES on ANYTHING associated with guns in the last 6 months? That would be a NO. Roll the dice that Biden isn't elected, what's the worst that could happen? Lol....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Yea, sure, good luck with that. Sometime before firearms are completely banned you MIGHT find something on sale.....Have you noticed ANY SALES on ANYTHING associated with guns in the last 6 months? That would be a NO. Roll the dice that Biden isn't elected, what's the worst that could happen? Lol....
    You’re quoting a a statement made over two years ago.
    The firearm and accessories market is different now than what it was when the quoted material was stated.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Even if that was 2 years ago it still generally hold true. How much are current Holosuns? My lgs has Aimpoint PRO for $425. Take $150 off and you have $275

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 09-25-20 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Eh, i'd disagree.

The holosun and PA optics have proven themselves past the point of "hobby grade."

Sorry buddy, but I disagree. People are still having failures with these. Yes, they have a lifetime warranty, but I rather not have to send it in and be without it when it is so much harder to kill an Aimpoint or Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Eh, i'd disagree.

@bodhi , I tend to agree with you. I am a scope snob, but these two outfits, although Chinese made (and Holosun manufacturers for PA), and while I agree to a limited extent with @thehammer69 and @RHINOWSO , Aimpoint is a far better red-dot, the quality of Holosun and PA have come up consistently each year, and are solid performers for budget minded enthusiasts. I would recommend either of those, over a Vortex, fwiw.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    @bodhi , I tend to agree with you. I am a scope snob, but these two outfits, although Chinese made (and Holosun manufacturers for PA), and while I agree to a limited extent with @thehammer69 and @RHINOWSO , Aimpoint is a far better red-dot, the quality of Holosun and PA have come up consistently each year, and are solid performers for budget minded enthusiasts. I would recommend either of those, over a Vortex, fwiw.
    Can't argue with vortex's warranty though.

But we're definitely in the golden age of affordable optics. I'm actually about to buy a 510c within the next day or so. My huey didn't work out for me as expected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast