Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Holosun 503g

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    No, no no no.... that's absolutely not true. To claim "Made in USA" the product must be "all or virtually all" made here. And if any "raw materials" are imported, the material must be "substantially transformed" in the USA, and the cost of the raw material must be "insignificant". For example, say you produce a concrete mixer with all U.S.-sourced components, and the most expensive part is the motor. You also specifically bought those motors from an U.S. company. But then you subsequently found out those motors uses Chinese-made commutators... and just because of that, you might no longer be able to claim "Made-in-USA", if the cost of the commutator is a big enough part of the motor and the motor is a big enough part of your mixer. It's that strict. The 20% rule is more like the opposite; if the foreign-imported materials, even after substantially transformed, still account for 20%+ of your overall product cost (petroleum products in the plastic-parts industry are good examples), you CANNOT claim it is Made-in-USA.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...ndard#standard

But I can see why your source would tell you that... there are lots of misinformation out there, and most people who (willingly or not) made the wrong claim would never be challenged. It is quite understandable why people would get the wrong idea.
    From a similar thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Why would anyone buy a Holosun over an Aimpoint?
    For a range toy I guess it's fine, but I sure as hell would trust my life to a Holosun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Enjoy your chinese $hit.

I'm certain the irony of putting that on this site using a Chinese made device---phone, tablet, laptop etc...is completely lost on you....

"Show us on the doll where the Bad Han Man touched you".
    Last edited by Esq.; 10-16-20 at 05:16.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    The irony is that the holosun red dots could be made in America for not much more than they cost now. It’s just easier to go to china then to get an established company to build them, or set one up in America. I remember reading about how apple would of been able to manufacture the IPHONE 4 for about $40 more in America. It was easier to use a manufacturer that was already set up. Plus there’s issue of having control of the employees. That’s another subject.

I own Trijicon’s, including an Acog ecos, Zeiss ect. I’m not an optic snob or a budget junkie. I recently picked up a Holosun hs503g and a hs403r. The 503g with the acss reticle and a Burris micro magnifier is a really nice setup.

I’ve always felt like the Aimpoint Micro was over priced. Aimpoint could find ways to reduce the cost, even if it means manufacturing it in America. For the longest time Aimpoint has been the only game in town. So they can charge what they want.
    Last edited by Pikey; 10-26-20 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Why would anyone buy a Holosun over an Aimpoint?
    This is one of the stupidest questions I’ve seen in a while. Aimpoint micros cost 4x - 5x what Holosun micros cost. Not everyone can afford or wants to put an $800 red dot on every rifle (actually I can afford it, I just choose not too,) in which case Holosun provides a vert attractive alternative.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456