Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 503g

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Chinese made hobby optic.

Add another $150 to you budget and find an Aimpoint ACO or Pro on sale.
    Yea, sure, good luck with that. Sometime before firearms are completely banned you MIGHT find something on sale.....Have you noticed ANY SALES on ANYTHING associated with guns in the last 6 months? That would be a NO. Roll the dice that Biden isn't elected, what's the worst that could happen? Lol....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Yea, sure, good luck with that. Sometime before firearms are completely banned you MIGHT find something on sale.....Have you noticed ANY SALES on ANYTHING associated with guns in the last 6 months? That would be a NO. Roll the dice that Biden isn't elected, what's the worst that could happen? Lol....
    You’re quoting a a statement made over two years ago.
    The firearm and accessories market is different now than what it was when the quoted material was stated.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    You’re quoting a a statement made over two years ago.
    The firearm and accessories market is different now than what it was when the quoted material was stated.

Well, great green Zombies!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I have a couple. Used them on ARs (including on both of my meltdown uppers FWIW), AKs with gas tube mounts, PCCs, etc... I've yet to have one fail but I have broken 2 factory AR height mounts. Optics were fine; just sheared the portion where it screws in on both mounts.

I replace all mounts and get a Geiselle or Bobro. Seems crazy that you spend the same on optic and mount, but we do it all the time on Rifle and more on scope. Mounts are their weak point for sure.

My fav T1 knock off is the Sig Romeo 5. I run a Holosun on a competition handgun and it has been great.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-17-20 at 19:22.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ive used my Holosuns long enough that I extensively trust them. I got my first one around 2017, and its been rock solid on the same battery through multiple cases of ammo. One of my holosuns rides on a CZ scorpion that I shoot PCC with. Blockbacks like that gun are known to be hard on optics, and I haven't had an issue ever. This opinion isn't just my own though and good trainers like Aaron Cowan and John Lovell; also say that holosun is flat out GTG. Both the micro red dots and pistol optics have proven themselves. Everyone saying they are hobby grade optics, just hasn't done any serious social shooting since 2016.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    The HS 515 line has me interested. And the 530.

I have to decide between the battery compartment on the side vs battery in tray that uses tiny screws w/solar power enhancement and slicker housing.

Also red vs green and alluminum vs titanium and quick release vs more rigid mount.

This would also be for an AR10.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-24-20 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    I cant find the difference between the 515 and 530 series except the 515 is advertised as 20mm and the 530 30mm.

But the weight is shown as about 7 oz for both. I don't understand that.

I want the lighter one and the one with the strongest mount, with a smaller silhouette,
    And be waterproof.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-24-20 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I cant find the difference between the 515 and 530 series except the 515 is advertised as 20mm and the 530 30mm.

But the weight is shown as about 7 oz for both. I don't understand that.

I want the lighter one and the one with the strongest mount, with a smaller silhouette,
    And be waterproof.
    Don't know where your looking but the Holosun HE515CT-RD is 4.06 oz and the HE530C-RD is 6.77oz. Both are rated IPX8.

https://www.holosun.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    Don't know where your looking but the Holosun HE515CT-RD is 4.06 oz and the HE530C-RD is 6.77oz. Both are rated IPX8.

https://www.holosun.com/
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Why would anyone buy a Holosun over an Aimpoint?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast