Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR10 Flatwire Recoil Spring

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Do you guys trim any coils off?
    I ordered a strike industry one
    Nope.

In fact, on both of mine (AR15 And AR10) I'm running heavy buffers and adjustable gas blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Negative. No need to trim...flat wire spring by design will be longer but it compresses much much much better than regular round wire...it is just kind of a pain to install.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    Anyone out there that has tried Strike Industries AR10 Flat Wire Recoil Spring in their AR10?

I've had great luck with them in my AR15s...I ordered one for my LMT MWS...just thought I ask before it is delivered.
    What improvement do you see?
    What issues did this resolve?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Not strike, but I use the Tubbs AR10 Flat wire spring in my AR10. Works better than the Sprinco Red (which worked well, I might add).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @bufordtjustice
    Can you give more details about the improvements and what setups you are running this on?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    What improvement do you see?
    What issues did this resolve?
    My LMT MWS didnt have an issue per say other than the known over gassing these guns have from factory.

What the flat wire has done is it placed a bit more bolt load...so it delays the unlock just a little bit and now I eject at about 3:30...vs 2:00.

It also gets rid of the annoying spring noise and in theory (can't see it because its inside the buffer tube) but it allows for a full compression cycle for the carrier group.

Coupled with my PWS FCS30...very flat shooting 308 BR. Flat Wire also last a longer time so it is one thing I do not have to worry about replacing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    Negative. No need to trim...flat wire spring by design will be longer but it compresses much much much better than regular round wire...it is just kind of a pain to install.
    This is the truth. My AR9 in 9mm has a flat wire spring and I think it's crazy long. Pulling out once made me decide to only go that far on field stripping a couple of times a year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Tried to install mine today and I must be doing something wrong. 2/3 of the way it gets bound up...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I doubt you are doing anything wrong. They are considerably more difficult to install than standard round wire springs.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yup...because of their extra length they are a bit harder to install..but it will go.

Feedback Score
    I did not know about the Flat wire springs. I bought a JP Enterprises captured spring for a AR-10 about three years ago and I have used them in 5.56 AR's. I have Aero Precision stripped receivers and most of the Parts for a build, just ordered a Ergo F-93 stock and it comes with the tube and no spring or buffer. I like the F-93 on my other DPMS pattern build. Good to know about the flat wire alternative though, should visit here more often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12