Quote Originally Posted by klc4622 View Post
I have been around HK weapons since they were handing out the MP5 series. Love the Mk23 SOCOM, never thought of it as a primary weapon and I think it was a general consensus. Unless of course I was on a sniper mission. It was my favorite 45 cal sidearm along with toting the Sig P226 for years then they want to take all sidearms away and say here is your Glock it will be your sidearm. Needless to say most did not take that well and some didn't care. But I am not a Gunsmith but have worked on SO many weapons that I was able to custom my HK P30 with the new lighter firing pin spring. The newer batches of the P30 came with the lighter version of the elbow spring for the trigger. That spring is a pain in the arse to replace so glad it came installed. HK will be the first to tell you not to work on "their" weapons unless you are professionally trained by a HK gunsmith.blah blah and then blah. So for fun, we took them up on that and said we have 4 long guns and multiple pistols that need maintenance and oh by the way we are in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan. See you soon? LOL. They don't have a sense of humor but that's ok...we do!!!!
This is the first time I heard that newer P30's are coming with the lighter elbow spring. What exactly does the lighter elbow spring give over the standard one? I wonder what made them change it.