Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 vs CZ P07?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

HK P30 vs CZ P07?

Now that the P30 is not unobtainium, has anyone run these in DA/SA, and have ample time on the CZ to compare?

I always hear people complain about the HK trigger but they seem decent (stock) to me when I handle them.

I know DA/SA is about as popular as Hilliary these days but here it goes...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently picked up a lightly used P30L and have a decent amount of trigger time behind CZs. For me to choose which trigger is better Id have to shoot them side by side. Both are good examples of a DA/SA trigger.

Ive read that the DA pull on the P30 can be a bit rough and stack when the gun is new but gets better once broken in. Since mine is used I couldn't tell you because it has a pretty decent trigger.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I’d love to hear more answers myself
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Both are recent acquisitions for me, a new P30 v3 and lightly used P07.
    The P30 is hard for me to shoot well even in SA. It really forced me to evaluate and refine my technique. I'm slowly getting better with it. After 600 rounds of shooting the P30 (a lot in DA) I went back to the P07 and can now shoot that about as well in DA as I can with a good striker fired gun.
    I look at it like even if I never shoot the P30 well, my technique is better and I shoot everything else I own better.

Feedback Score
    I went through this same battle for most of last year, but also add in the M&P 2.0, VP9, PPQ, and P320.

I ended up with the P-07, and have been very happy with it.

Between the P30 and P-07, I basically had to decide what my long term plans were. Out of the box, I felt that the P30 was going to be the better all-round pistol, even if I didn't like it's trigger as much. Performance between the two was a wash, with both being more than "good enough." I expect that the HK would be more reliable in the long run, because HK, but the P-07 is no slouch.

Ultimately, I went with the CZ for a few reasons.

1. My primary purpose for shopping was to get a new carry pistol. Dimensionally, the P30 was closer to the FNS-9 I was trying to replace. The CZ was just a tad shorter, narrower, and lighter, which made it better for carry to me. Note that I am a "one pistol all year" kind of guy. I don't really do a sub compact summer carry and a full size winter carry.

2. The manual of arms on the CZ is closer to what I've grown accustomed to through carry, competition, and training. I'm sure I could get used to the paddle release on the P30, but it's just a data point.

3. There are a several companies out there known for doing fantastic work with CZs, and the feedback on worked over P-07s has been fantastic. This is route I knew I wanted to go.

So, those were my decision points between the two (aside from cost, that is). I like to tinker, or have others tinker. If those data points aren't important to you, then so be it. They are both great guns, IMO.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 05-28-18 at 07:18.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have both Hk and CZ’s.

If it was me I would pick up and urban grey P07, get it stippled, and add a CGW trigger kit.

I prefer the P07 and it’s easier for me to shoot well. Also the cost savings will allow you to throw a CGW trigger kit in it. That is a huge difference.

I currently have a P01,P07,P09,and Shadow.

Only one Hk45 left and its for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Lite LEM V1 P30 and it a dream to shoot..but I can see a 07 in my future. Nice ergos and with the suppressor night sights and threaded barrel and a nice price point...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I cannot make a direct comparison from HK to CZ, but have some experience with the HK. Both my wife and I have P30s with near 3000 rounds each.

When both guns were new the triggers had some stacking but no grittiness. After about 1000 rounds I would guess both have smoothed out a lot. While not as nice as the DA on my WC Brigadier Tactical they are pretty nice. I am not a huge trigger snob in the first place, so I have a wide allowance for trigger performance. I cannot tell the nuances that some speak of. I learn the trigger for the gun and shoot appropriately.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I just acquired a P30 V3 and the DA pull does stack some but it's getting better with use. Probably has about 700 rounds on it so far and that many dryfires at least. The SA pull is quite nice, long reset but overall it's totally shootable after getting used to it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I will add to this thread, but my experiences will hurt some feelz.

With the new 2018 price drop on the HK P30's i was stoked! Figured i'd finally be able to get a few and get really good with the platform. I had a nice $1000 P30L back in 2013 that was nice but had a few FTE's i chocked up to "break-in". Sold it and have not had one until this year.

First one I purchased brand new back in April. At the new price point of $565. Felt great, was very happy. Took it out and put 400 rounds of 124gr Nato +P through it then some standard ammo and Federal HST. Ejection/extraction was all over the place. At about round number 520ish i started having bad FTE's. I took it apart inspected extractor and other parts of the gun, no issues seen. Figured it might be lighter ammo, so i ran 150 rounds of HST through it. 124gr +P as well. I had about 14 FTE's and a few weird things as well. Ejection was still all over since round 1. I was pissed. Traded it off and took a month off from new guns.

Fast forward to May, I bought another HK P30. Decided to give the platform one more try. Upon initial inspection i was bummed. MASSIVE tool markings under the slide. Probably the worst I've seen. Even worse than the older early 2000's CZ 75's. The grip panels seemed to have a different texture on them. They look the same but something about it just didn't feel the same as the older pre 2017 date code HK P30's. Both of these were 2018 by the way. Anyways, I headed out to the range. This time ready to go. 800 rounds of Nato 124gr +p, 250 rounds of WWB 115gr and 100 rounds of Federal HST. This Mofo was getting a workout. all was well until about 200 rounds in and ejections started getting more erratic. I figured maybe i was being a little girl and limp writing so i did the next two hundred with a gorilla grip and locked wrist...still no difference other than thumb knuckle pain lol. It fed them all but at about 700 rounds i got a 50/50 rate of 12:00 ejection, and BTF. Getting empties to 3:00 seemed luck of the draw and maybe 15% of the time with all ammo and multiple shooters. Left the range defeated and felt bad about the whole experience.

I decided to give it one last try after a good cleaning last week. Took it out with my new G19X and had a few other shooters there too to shoot it. once again I was getting 9:00 ejection/12:00/ etc you name it. Plus plenty of BTF. Round count at this time was over 1,000. "Stiff recoil spring" be damned as i ran some hot ammo through this sucker. Thus I haven't decided what i'm going to do with it yet. But I know for a fact it will be replaced with a CZ P-07 or P-01.

The P-07 seems very well built, and the gun looks to be a great AIWB candidate. At this time If i were you I would look for an older P30 or go 100% CZ P-07. Even though most dislike MAC's videos on the gauntlet, the P-07 seemed to be outstanding and was the only gun so far that did just as well as the rex.

There's my long winded experience anyways.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast