Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 vs CZ P07?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by klc4622 View Post
    I have been around HK weapons since they were handing out the MP5 series. Love the Mk23 SOCOM, never thought of it as a primary weapon and I think it was a general consensus. Unless of course I was on a sniper mission. It was my favorite 45 cal sidearm along with toting the Sig P226 for years then they want to take all sidearms away and say here is your Glock it will be your sidearm. Needless to say most did not take that well and some didn't care. But I am not a Gunsmith but have worked on SO many weapons that I was able to custom my HK P30 with the new lighter firing pin spring. The newer batches of the P30 came with the lighter version of the elbow spring for the trigger. That spring is a pain in the arse to replace so glad it came installed. HK will be the first to tell you not to work on "their" weapons unless you are professionally trained by a HK gunsmith.blah blah and then blah. So for fun, we took them up on that and said we have 4 long guns and multiple pistols that need maintenance and oh by the way we are in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan. See you soon? LOL. They don't have a sense of humor but that's ok...we do!!!!
    This is the first time I heard that newer P30's are coming with the lighter elbow spring. What exactly does the lighter elbow spring give over the standard one? I wonder what made them change it.

Feedback Score
    "Light Trigger Return Spring" is the actual part name. It reduces the overall trigger pull that so many complained about so my guess is they got tired of seeing bad reviews on the P30v3,v2,v1 series regarding trigger travel and release. The only way I found out HK started using this spring was several of my teammates have P30v3's from 2012 and you can visually see the difference in the thickness of the spring. I called HK and their answer was "this was intended for research purposes and feedback from buyers" but would not come out and admit this was a new standard. My son purchased the same pistol P30v3 and it was built in 2014 and it also had the new Light Trigger Return Spring. For me it really never mattered because it's a combat pistol not a competition pistol and when under fire I never paused and said, hmm you know the travel on this trigger is way to long....

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by klc4622 View Post
    "Light Trigger Return Spring" is the actual part name. It reduces the overall trigger pull that so many complained about so my guess is they got tired of seeing bad reviews on the P30v3,v2,v1 series regarding trigger travel and release. The only way I found out HK started using this spring was several of my teammates have P30v3's from 2012 and you can visually see the difference in the thickness of the spring. I called HK and their answer was "this was intended for research purposes and feedback from buyers" but would not come out and admit this was a new standard. My son purchased the same pistol P30v3 and it was built in 2014 and it also had the new Light Trigger Return Spring. For me it really never mattered because it's a combat pistol not a competition pistol and when under fire I never paused and said, hmm you know the travel on this trigger is way to long....
    Interesting, thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I have both Hk and CZ’s.

If it was me I would pick up and urban grey P07, get it stippled, and add a CGW trigger kit.

I prefer the P07 and it’s easier for me to shoot well. Also the cost savings will allow you to throw a CGW trigger kit in it. That is a huge difference.

I currently have a P01,P07,P09,and Shadow.

Only one Hk45 left and its for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 on everything but the stipling.

CGW in my P07 & P09 make the triggers almost as good as my Shadow 2. Cost savings between the P30 and P07/09 easily paid for CGW trigger upgrade.

And love me some HK's as well.

Feedback Score
    I’ve owned both, my finger hates the P30 v3 trigger, shoot the P07 better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Should know soon enough. I got tired of watching the Grey German P30S on sale at CF for $500. We'll see. I DID shoot one on the range some time ago, and it was about as good as my P07 - but different. But as always, it will take a case to start knowing the difference.

The trick about CZs, and especially P series is that they can be ALL over the map wrt DA triggers. I've seen them superb OTB, and some are just awful. I recently ALMOST sold one because even after a bunch of work and sending it back to CZUSA, it was mediocre with a stacking, etc. After some judicious studying and polishing, it is excellent.
    Last edited by m4brian; 08-05-19 at 18:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Side by side my P07 is King of the 9s. But it’s had cajunizing and a case of ammo.

New p30s did well though. I shot it first yesterday and I rang the steel well at 7-8 yards and the trigger seemed decent deposite the length of pull and stacking. Eventually if I concentrated, I could group fairly well in DA. The P07 is just a cinch to do the same and is easier to group with because stacking and staging and grit are gone. But I ALMOST sold the p07 a few months ago because I needed to work
    It more.

Next I will put the reduced FPBS in theP30 then compare. The Germans put a STUPID strong FPBS into their guns which is the supposed culprit. I also do NOT understand why someone doesn’t offer a reduced FP spring in HK and SIG like CGW does for CZ. Then you can run reduced mainsprings with no risk of light strikes . Too easy.

Feedback Score
    I love my p30 line up. I have p30sk v3, p30l v3 and p30 lem

Ordered srt for all of them hopefully they arrive this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Put the light FPBS and wow - the stacking went away almost completely. There is still a bit of grit, but it is much better. Need to shoot side by side some more. Great gun. Sure wish someone made a slightly extended FP so you could run reduced mainsprings with no loss of ultimate reliability.

Feedback Score
    Todd Green ran a P30 to well over 90,000 rounds.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/...s/p30-thursday

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast