Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 vs CZ P07?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'd go with a P30, it just feels better in my hand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Now I own both.

No doubt the p30 grip feels wonderful, but in terms of keeping you on target, drawing, etc., the P07 is equal.

The NS out of the box for the P07 are now better. Sight options are almost even, maybe an edge to the HK.

Durability - likely a nod to the HK, but the CZ is nota slouch. HOWEVER, TRS is a CZ problem across the board - its a weaker design.

Reliability/ Both are super.

Accuracy? likely mechanically the same. Trigger etc. weighs in here.

Trigger - maybe the tie breaker? CZ is likely better on most guns, and CAN be made SUPERB -AND is trivial to work on. Thus, IF I had ONE, it would likely be the CZ, despite the HK track record. CGW, because you can replace the FPS and then calibrate an 18 or 15 LB mainspring provides a lighter DA. Polishing makes this excellent, and the CZ has a SHORTER stroke. All combine to make an EXCELLENT trigger. HOWEVER, you can buy CZs that have HORRIBLE triggers and they don't get better with simple polishing, etc. I could write an essay. However, most can be tuned to very good, and some to perfection.

Other: Paddles destroy buttons - just a better system. The only reason for buttons is convention. Of course the penultimate mag release is the Walther P99 LONG paddles.

(I also think the slide finish on the CZ is a bit more durable).
    Last edited by m4brian; 08-25-19 at 19:11.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with the CZ. The HK P30 fits nicely in the hand, but the trigger reset is way too long.

Feedback Score
    I own several of the later HKs, like a P30S, P2000, P2000SK, etc. All in 9mm---all DA/SA (except the P2000SK light LEM)---run LOTS of rounds thru them with zero issues---people say they hate the DA trigger pull, well, it just gets smoother with use---my wife is trained with the DAO trigger system, so we have two Kahr CW-9s and the P2000SK with the LEM trigger and these are the self-defense pistols hidden around the house (no kids)... CZs are great pistols as well, but heavier...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian71 View Post
    I'd go with the CZ. The HK P30 fits nicely in the hand, but the trigger reset is way too long.
    I would agree...in the beginning of owning one. Now, after shooting a couple thousand rounds through one, I don't even notice it. Plus Gray Guns has a $99 kit you can buy that shortens it by a third if you want.
    https://grayguns.com/product/hk-p30-...-thumb-safety/
    https://grayguns.com/product/hk-p30-...-thumb-safety/

I am thinking about picking the kit up for sh*ts and giggles, but it isn't really necessary any more.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 10-29-19 at 08:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Short reset is way overblown. It is a big deal cuz it’s something people can measure, and someone figured out it’s a Glock selling point. Doesn’t seem to slow Jerry Miculek on a revolver.

I MIGHT want the kit anyway because it says it reduces over travel which is way more important in shooting dynamics.
    Last edited by m4brian; 11-01-19 at 08:18.

Feedback Score
    I have a P30 and P30sk, both V3 models, and a CZ-75 with the Omega trigger. I prefer the HK pistols, but my P30 seems to have a better trigger than the P30sk. I think straight off the assembly line, there is a lot of pistol to pistol variation regardless of brand. I seem to have gotten better HKs than CZ. I've broken two return springs in the CZ and the CZ trigger is still terrible (lots of stacking and a gritty break). If I bought the pistols again, I might get an excellent CZ and a sup-par HKs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    True that the P07 can have a horrible trigger. It is best to go to a big show and pick from many. I’ve gotten some pretty bad ones from on-line sales. If you do a bunch of work you can fix a bunch of it.

Feedback Score
    I bought most of my pistols via Gunbroker, but that's a great idea. The cost and effort of trying to improve a pistol would probably drive the total cost above gunshow prices.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I bought most of my pistols via Gunbroker, but that's a great idea. The cost and effort of trying to improve a pistol would probably drive the total cost above gunshow prices.
    For sure. If it is already smooth with no stacking it is truly nice. Add CGW springs and its an amazing thing. OTOH, if its gritty and stacks, it can take a BUNCH of work - much of it filing and smoothing the rear slope of the TB. Fortunately, the P guns are easy to strip and work on, but it takes some time to know what you are doing to make it right.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast