Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two stage/single stage?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I seem to have gone in the opposite direction of many in this thread in terms of triggers.

I still love Geissele triggers in my AR platforms, but for bolt guns, all single stage Bix 'n Andy triggers at this point.

If you have the opportunity to try a Bix 'n Andy trigger, go for it, worth every penny.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My only bolt gun is a Tikka TacA1, it has a two stage trigger. My precision has guns have two stage triggers as well, G-SSAEs and LaRue MBT. All have the same grip as well (BCM) this makes going from gun to gun really easy. Same hand placement, same style of trigger. Little adjustment needed. I find that keeping everything similar helps me be more consistent. Being more consistent helps me be more accurate.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    I have been a small bore freerifle (International/Olympic type) and NRA Service Rifle competition NRA smallbore prone and position shooter for years and I do my best shooting with a two stage trigger.

I have a smallbore target rifle that has a very good single stage trigger, but I can't shoot it as well as my smallbore rifle that is equipped with a two stage trigger.

I can shoot my two stage trigger equipped AR-15 faster and more accurately than my single stage trigger AR-15.

My first NRA Service Rifle I built had/has a single stage trigger. I'm no where as fast or accurate in the rapid fire stages with it.

I have three NRA Service Rifles, two with two stage triggers, one (my original built in the mid 90's that I use for practice now since it's trigger is harder to use) with a single stage trigger.

I'm a two stage trigger all the way. I have some good single stage triggers, but I'm just more accurate and faster with a two stage trigger.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I own both, I shoot both, I like both. Overall quality of the trigger and smoothness matter more than style.

Quality of the individual woman matter more than the color of her hair (blonde vs brunette)

As mentioned before, single stage triggers are at their best with a low pull weight.

Two stage triggers allow for a higher total pull weight while still not resulting in pulled shots.

I'm not as happy with a two stage with a low total pull weight.

For a serious tool, I'd go heavy two stage.

For benchrest or target shooting, either is fine for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Since my bolt gun is an A.I. I am very used to, and much prefer 2stage triggers. I like to get all set, load my bi-pod, touch the trigger and take the slack of the first stage out. Then I can “sit on the wall” of the second stage. When everything is right, back bag is squeezed, reticle lines up, super easy, smooth pull through the second stage. That’s how I use my two stages in both my bolt guns and my gassers. All my gassers run Geiselle triggers, and then, my A.I. Two stages are all I use.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I use to be a fan of two stage triggers and have owned nearly every flavor of the Geissele AR-15 trigger line and a few other outliers. However, when I installed a Wilson Combat TTU-MIL single stage, I got rid of all my two stage triggers.

I get the logic behind staging the trigger, the initial uptake before making final corrections to things like breathing etc. IMO, in practice it just isn't a good idea. I prefer the TTU with its lack of creep/pre-travel. When I touch the trigger and apply pressure, the gun discharges. Applying pressure to the trigger before you intend on the gun discharging is asking for trouble.

I also tried the TTU with the lighter pull, but found the reset to be lacking compared to the TTU-MIL version.

Very light & short pull triggers present problems in having the potential to not be drop safe, but the TTU uses a half cock hammer to function as a drop safety device should the gen be dropped with the safety off.

I can't see with a bolt gun wanting anything other than a single action.
    Last edited by bp7178; 06-29-18 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    Since my bolt gun is an A.I. I am very used to, and much prefer 2stage triggers. I like to get all set, load my bi-pod, touch the trigger and take the slack of the first stage out. Then I can “sit on the wall” of the second stage. When everything is right, back bag is squeezed, reticle lines up, super easy, smooth pull through the second stage. That’s how I use my two stages in both my bolt guns and my gassers. All my gassers run Geiselle triggers, and then, my A.I. Two stages are all I use.
    This is exactly how I use my Huber. I like knowing exactly when I’ll break the shot.

Everyone who shoots my gun compliments the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I recently swapped over to two stage triggers, after using single stage triggers for a long time on my precision rifles. I like two stage triggers hands down over single stage triggers. It allows you to have much more trigger control than a single stage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12