Thread: Sig MK25/Navy hooded holster suggestions

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Sig MK25/Navy hooded holster suggestions

Have a friend that just picked one of these up and wanted to add it to his battle belt. Wanted to run a TLR-1HL or possibly a X300 and was looking for hooded holsters. I'm not up on that gun combo and figured there were plenty that probably have a similar setup. My google searches were pretty weak, lots of open top kydex but looks like very few hooded options.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Anything from Safariland designed for a P226 w/ TLR-1 or X300U will work for a Mk25 with the same light.

I believe that G-Code also offers holsters that will work for a P226/Mk25 with X300U-B.

Assuming that by, "hooded," you mean something with a Safariland SLS or SLS-like system.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Safarilands website lists some of holsters for a P226R w/ Surefire X300 as not compatible with a Mk25, but I've recently switched to a Mk25 with my Safariland 6280 (which Safarilands website says won't work), and had zero issues. I've only been doing this for a short time, but I don't see how a very slightly different rail would create too many problems. Obviously this does not mean that all Safariland holsters that they list as P226R/X300 compatible will work with a Mk25/X300 combo, but so far mine's GTG..

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks guys, I think he found something.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If he hasn't, have him take a look at Red Hill Tactical.. They make some great Kydex and a WRS hood is one of the many options available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    Safarilands website lists some of holsters for a P226R w/ Surefire X300 as not compatible with a Mk25, but I've recently switched to a Mk25 with my Safariland 6280 (which Safarilands website says won't work), and had zero issues. I've only been doing this for a short time, but I don't see how a very slightly different rail would create too many problems. Obviously this does not mean that all Safariland holsters that they list as P226R/X300 compatible will work with a Mk25/X300 combo, but so far mine's GTG..
    Assuming you did the Safariland drop down holster compatibility checker? If so, last fall I noticed it could give a not compatible hit on a Streamlight TLR 1 HL, but would give the go ahead when TLR 1 was picked along with a few other screwy issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used the options for finding a holster. I'm still curious as to whether this is a website issue, or if Safariland has reason to know that the 1913 rail makes a difference. I ought to call them.

Edit: I called Safariland & spoke to Jacob, I believe. He said that any Safariland holster that works for a P226R should work with a P226 Mk25. He was very helpful & courteous, and said call back anytime if I had anymore questions, so if their website doesn't help, call.
    Last edited by LMT Shooter; 06-04-18 at 17:39.