Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which are your favorite NON-QD scope mounts for an AR?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    My Geissele 1.93 Mount is literally a piece of machining art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. The P4Xi sitting in mine almost doesn’t seem worthy of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    None, no reason for them if you can get a QD one. Just doesn't make any sense to have one these days. It is antiquated 1990 tech.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    I have LaRue QD on two of mine and they are a nice mount, but to me QD is not worth the price as I wouldn't and don't switch my optics around. I'm far from a big fan of LaRue, the only thing I've actually cared for is their mounts.

On my Grendel, I went with a Seekins MXM mount. It's very well done and works well. Haven't regretted getting it over another LaRue at any point
    illegitimis non carborundum

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For my purposes here I think it's better to revive this old thread than to start a new one.... hope I dun right.

I'd like to see us as a group put some standardized dimensions on these things, like, I have the Brandex Ultramount and it puts the scope at X-height and it enables me to get the scope far enough forward / not far enough forward. But then, there being a variance in scopes, this ought to be described something like this: "with the mount all the way forward on the upper, but not bridging onto the hand-guard rail, the rear of the forward ring is 1 5/8" (or whatever) forward of the front edge of the upper receiver rail, and the rear of the rear ring is 3 1/8 behind it, and the rear ring is 7/8" front to back". QD or not QD should be mentioned.

Two reasons I think this benefits. I think a lot of people are like me and have a hard time getting the scope (LPVO or otherwise) far enough forward. There are many mounts out there I just can't use at all. One of the few that gets things far enough forward, I think, is the LaRue SPR-E-- I think. I don't actually have one. I have the SPR and it is not far enough forward; the SPR-E goes forward another inch.

The other thing is, some mount it higher than need be.... we should have that dimension in there too (like a spread sheet maybe). Some maybe won't work with a 50mm scope but I have not used one so low it won't accommodate that. The Spuhr pictured above looks uncomfortably high to me. No doubt as to their quality for sure. But price / value could be another category, and extra features. Also, fastener quality and whether or not it has sharp knives all over it..... I have had two that were genuinely hazardous until I hit 'em with a file.

I kinda got back onto this last week when I discovered a new (to me) manufacturer of these-- I picked one up and they hold a lot of promise..... I have one mounted up but no trigger time yet. It puts the scope well far enough forward, actually gives me a little wiggle room on that. Looks to be about on par with the SPR-E. It is from DNZ Products in SC, it's called the Freedom Reaper Forward Pic Rail. At $197 it's not inexpensive... they make one very similar that is $99, and I would totally be for that one but for some reason it's only available in 1" and not 30mm..... they should change that. Besides getting it far enough forward, it is about 1/16" lower than my LaRue SPR. The DNZ I got has nicely rounded edges, 4 screws per cap and three clamp bolts. The $99 one has two screws per cap and two clamp bolts-- fine and dandy for 5.56 and beyond, I think. They are not QD, they require a 1/2" wrench or socket.

Anybody up for coming up with the info exchange? I have now I think 5-6 brands of this type of mount.

For easily determining the "height" dimension I suggest simply, set it on a table and measure to the underside of the scope tube.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Warne makes a $100 ish one that is pretty nice. I bought on sale by Botach. They make a 20 moa too.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Badger Ordnance Condition One modular scope mount. If you can wait till this summer or fall, maybe Unity Tactical’s new LPVO mount. It is similar to the Badger Ordnance Mount, but without the protruding mounting bolt nuts.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just corrected a bunch of stupid typos in the above. Here's the DNZ:

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I agree with Biggy; the Badger Ordnance C1 is my top choice right now. Among the tall (1.93”+) mounts the C1 is lighter than the Geissele and cheaper than Scalarworks for a 7075 mount. You can add an offset RDS for cheaper than the Arisaka setup, and it comes in 1.70" if you like that height.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345