Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which are your favorite NON-QD scope mounts for an AR?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    I'd be curious to know what attributes Spuhr mounts offer? Especially sine they run $400+. When KAC, Geissele, Nightforce, etc are in the $250-$330 range.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Huge strength I would imagine. Although the others are all quite strong in their own right.
    A couple things that stand out:
    1) the level, nice touch for long range, one less thing to buy and is as unobtrusive & protected as possible while using zero rail space.
    2) the ability to directly attach an RMR, AP Micro, ACI, laser, etc directly to the mount, also w/o using rail space or needing ring space on the scope.

Check out their accessories, it is very much a "system". ISMS™ – IDEAL SCOPE MOUNT SYSTEM™
    https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/accessories/

And yeah they look ridiculously strong, a perfect attribute for a NON-QD mount, but I do see these more at home a long-range precision bolt gun.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 05-27-18 at 16:44.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    I'd be curious to know what attributes Spuhr mounts offer? Especially sine they run $400+. When KAC, Geissele, Nightforce, etc are in the $250-$330 range.
    http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=4325

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    How quick is QD, how slow is not QD…?

When I first bought my own house and started mowing my own lawn, well not a lawn so much as a yard of grass, weeds and roots, I used to run into things that would not only stall the mower, but shear the flywheel key.

The first time I wasted a few hours going to town to get the key and find the tools. The second time I bought a half dozen keys. Still had to go in the garage and find them and the tools. The third time I decided to just keep the keys and the tools on the mower.

Years later, whatever is on a gun I’m using, if it takes special tools, I consider it a big advantage to have the tools right there. It’s nice on a range day / class day / whatever, to not have to shut down because your shyte came loose. So, taking several minutes to do it is better than “can’t friggin’ do it at all, range day is over”.

For consideration:

]

Feedback Score
    I never go to the range without tools. Usually a gunsmith screwdriver set, a torque screwdriver, a 1/2” nut driver, and a 1/2” wrench for scope mounts. Plus a multi-tool.

As for non QD mounts, I too prefer them, and currently only have a Nightforce Unimount which has been great. It also returns to zero just fine when removed and reinstalled, doesn’t seem torque sensitive as long as the nuts are snugged down well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dude! That is effing BRILLIANT!! It's probably giving the buffer tuners seizures, but looks practical as anything I've seen for an AR tool. I wish I had time to pack in some tool-making knowledge. My Granddad could make anything and if he didn't have the tool for a specific job, he made it.

As for optic mounts, I am a fan of Geissele Super. Just finished an SPR (ish) type build and hate myself for not saving ahead for the sale. Thankfully, another one will be along in time to buy myself a nice birthday present!

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post

When I first bought my own house and started mowing my own lawn, well not a lawn so much as a yard of grass, weeds and roots, I used to run into things that would not only stall the mower, but shear the flywheel key.

The first time I wasted a few hours going to town to get the key and find the tools. The second time I bought a half dozen keys. Still had to go in the garage and find them and the tools. The third time I decided to just keep the keys and the tools on the mower.

Years later, whatever is on a gun I’m using, if it takes special tools, I consider it a big advantage to have the tools right there. It’s nice on a range day / class day / whatever, to not have to shut down because your shyte came loose. So, taking several minutes to do it is better than “can’t friggin’ do it at all, range day is over”.

For consideration:

]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

For consideration:

]

Alright Ned, that’s just ingenious.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Geissele
    Spuhr
    Nightforce
    KAC
    Eratac Ultralight

Not in any particular order
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Like many, I believe a super solid scope mount is more important than a scope mount that is easily and quickly removed and reinstalled. Since there have been plenty of threads on QD mounts, lets get into some NON-QD scope mounts.

I know there are some obvious top end mounts like those from Spuhr and Geissele but would like to hear which non-quick-detach mounts you prefer. I am primarily interested in a scope mount for an LPVO on and AR-15, but feel free to share thoughts if you would use a different mount on an AR-10 or higher magnification optics.

Do you prefer standard or extended mounts?

Do you have a solid "budget" mount?
    Geissele and Warne skeleton. On a budget --- Aero

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

For consideration:

]

Patent the hell outta that little hole you got there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast