Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which are your favorite NON-QD scope mounts for an AR?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Huge strength I would imagine. Although the others are all quite strong in their own right.
    Agreed, they look strong as hell. But are other, cheaper unimounts (Geissele, Warne, Nightforce, etc) weak? I'm pretty confident that any scope will get destroyed before a mount fails. Checkout this video of Bill bashing a rifle. That Vortex scope gets trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    A couple things that stand out:
    1) the level, nice touch for long range, one less thing to buy and is as unobtrusive & protected as possible while using zero rail space.
    2) the ability to directly attach an RMR, AP Micro, ACI, laser, etc directly to the mount, also w/o using rail space or needing ring space on the scope.

Check out their accessories, it is very much a "system". ISMS™ – IDEAL SCOPE MOUNT SYSTEM™
    https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/accessories/

And yeah they look ridiculously strong, a perfect attribute for a NON-QD mount, but I do see these more at home a long-range precision bolt gun.
    Yeah, I was initially looking at their entry line, without the level, for some fair comparison to the rest. The accessories options are a plus, but how applicable is all that to the average M4 user slapping an LPVO on an AR15? Not very.

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Good read, I like the thought process behind the 45 split rings, but most LPVO users aren't dialing on an AR15.

Ned, that shit is genius. I'd buy a set.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Yeah, I was initially looking at their entry line, without the level, for some fair comparison to the rest. The accessories options are a plus, but how applicable is all that to the average M4 user slapping an LPVO on an AR15? Not very.
    I agree as I mentioned they seem to more a fit for a long range bolt gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Ned, that shit is genius. I'd buy a set.
    Yeah it is, very cool. I would buy one also.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very frustrating for me is that very few are made to place the scope far enough forward. I shoot with my nose right up against the nose rest- oops I mean charging handle. Getting the mount on the receiver and the scope in the mount as far forward as they can go, most setups I have to alter my preferred hold to "further back". Sofar for me, I think only LaRue makes anything that gets the scope far enough forward. I can work with the others and do but they are not optimal for me in this aspect.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ned, check out the Aero Precision Extended mount.
    https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ultrali...mount-fde.html

If you need even more eye relief, their SPR mount.
    https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ultrali...mount-fde.html

I've got the same problem. The standard cantilever mounts don't push the scope far enough forward.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 05-29-18 at 01:36.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've had a couple Midwest Industries and they have worked well for me. Seem pretty solid and reasonably priced.

https://shop.brownells.com/optics-mo...MaAv5fEALw_wcB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Very frustrating for me is that very few are made to place the scope far enough forward. I shoot with my nose right up against the nose rest- oops I mean charging handle. Getting the mount on the receiver and the scope in the mount as far forward as they can go, most setups I have to alter my preferred hold to "further back". Sofar for me, I think only LaRue makes anything that gets the scope far enough forward. I can work with the others and do but they are not optimal for me in this aspect.
    Based on your other brilliant creations I’ve seen, I’m surprised you haven’t designed your own scope mount.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    There are quite a few very good scope mounts out there, and I have used most of them, but *overall* I still prefer Geissele's Super Precision Scope Mounts above *all* the others. Why ? Click on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvftSqBxac

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Geissele and Nightforce.

I like Geissele the most, they are expensive. But as a hard rule I never buy a Geissele product if it is not 20% off or more. There stuff goes on sale a ton at predictable intervals.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Very frustrating for me is that very few are made to place the scope far enough forward.
    I find this too, other than with a few ultra-extended options. It depends on the scope of course, but with the LPVs often having 4" or more of eye relief it's a common issue.

That said, I think the Warne mount is pretty good for $100, US-made, and fairly far forward.

I've used and still have a couple of the Aero mounts. They do work, but I don't like the way the rings hinge on a milled cut, and they seem to leave small ring marks most of the time.

As for strength, I have to imagine that the (already mentioned) Aadland mount would be among the top picks:
    http://shop.aadmount.com/AADMOUNT-30...OUNT30GIII.htm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have used many of the mentioned brands. Right now, my ATACR 1-8 and my NX8 are riding in Geiselle mounts. My Primary Arms Platinum is in a Badger Mount. Very nice mounts. No frills, not the lightest, or most sexy, but built like an iron I Beam, and not going anywhere. I have a NF Unimount, and that housed my NX8 until I sold my Razor and moved my NX8 to my Geiselle.
    Another FANTASTIC option that isn’t ungodly expensive is the ARC mounts. Excellent design, also has a built in level. Very ingenious design. Minimalist design, but super strong and easy to get level and true. The design doesn’t tend to twist when you are torquing it down.

For me, on an AR platform: Geiselle, NF Unimount, Badger, ARC, American Defense (not the vertical split, the horizontal split) are all great choices.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast