Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which are your favorite NON-QD scope mounts for an AR?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Agreed, they look strong as hell. But are other, cheaper unimounts (Geissele, Warne, Nightforce, etc) weak? I'm pretty confident that any scope will get destroyed before a mount fails. Checkout this video of Bill bashing a rifle. That Vortex scope gets trashed.

Yeah, I was initially looking at their entry line, without the level, for some fair comparison to the rest. The accessories options are a plus, but how applicable is all that to the average M4 user slapping an LPVO on an AR15? Not very.

Good read, I like the thought process behind the 45 split rings, but most LPVO users aren't dialing on an AR15.

Ned, that shit is genius. I'd buy a set.
    That mount failed pretty badly in my book. It let the scope slide around like crazy. The scope dying is one thing, but slithering around in the rings like that is quite another...

Feedback Score
    Seekins MXM mount. Cantilevered, 7075, T25 torx screws, price point below $200. Shoot NTCH? Vortex Precision Cantilever, made by Seekins.

For weight savings Nightforce Unimount. For precision rig Aadmount. On sale? Geissele.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    I'd be curious to know what attributes Spuhr mounts offer? Especially sine they run $400+. When KAC, Geissele, Nightforce, etc are in the $250-$330 range.
    Spuhr offers a leveling wedge and a groove cut into the base of the mount which facilitates the ease of leveling the scope, has grooves cut into the rings that will improve grip and accommodate scope gluing if required (scope ain't going nowhere if torqued down properly), has multiple mounting interfaces built directly into the base and rings, rings are set at 45 degrees allowing for the shooter to easily read and adjust for elevation and windage, has a built-in bubble level, tilt/cant and cantilever options are available (if needed), the adjustable QD mechanism is one of the best I've seen, non-QD versions are dummy-proof (sequentially numbered for mounting) and it's over-engineered (read: built like a ****ing tank) and machined to near perfection. Hope that answers the question.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    Geissele and Warne skeleton. On a budget --- Aero
    I wouldn't even get an Aero on a budget. Shit breaks too easily (ask me). Only fit for a range toy and not serious duty IMO.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If budget didn't matter, and I could only have one scoped weapon, it would probably end up being my Spuhr, if we were talking just straight rings, it would be American Rifle Company.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Spuhr is stickman approved, what else is there to say?

Feedback Score
    Aero precision's light weight mounts are great too, just about the lightest quality kit you'll find.

Feedback Score
    I've owned a number of different scope mounts over the past 10 years and the best I've found in terms of bang-for-your-buck is this Division G4 30mm Mount . It's super-solid and has held zero very well for me. I also own a Vortex 30mm mount and I can't tell the difference between the two, except that the Division G4 mount is half the price.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My Geissele 1.93 Mount is literally a piece of machining art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast