Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need Help Finding a Sub MOA 11.5 or 12.5 Barrel (Moved)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark and I took two SBR's out to try groups. We popped on a vortex 3-9 , not the best reticle for shooting groups for me, as it was hard to see. Anyway, my Colt 6945 10.3 shot MOA by both me and Mark with two each 5 round groups. The Sionics 11.5 shot 1.5 MOA , several groups. It was windy as hell and conditions much less than ideal, so these could be improved IMO. Both shot better than my FAXON 16 inch middy on average.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What type(s) ammo?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We ran Marks handloads. 77 gr NOSLERS for the MOA stuff. We also ran a group or two of our 62 grain BTHP load which is known to be 1.5 MOA, and they shot 1.5 MOA so the guns were consistent.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We ran Marks handloads. 77 gr NOSLERS for the MOA stuff. We also ran a group or two of our 62 grain BTHP load which is known to be 1.5 MOA, and they shot 1.5 MOA so the guns were consistent.
    Hi All- following up on this. I decided to try something different and ordered the 12.5 TriArc TRACK barrel with mid-gas. It just shipped out AFAIK and I'll update with pics and measurements when I get it
    Then follow up with a range test. I'll have to order some 77gr IMI Razor core. Hopeful it comes back instock at the promo price again...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Hi All- following up on this. I decided to try something different and ordered the 12.5 TriArc TRACK barrel with mid-gas. It just shipped out AFAIK and I'll update with pics and measurements when I get it
    Then follow up with a range test. I'll have to order some 77gr IMI Razor core. Hopeful it comes back instock at the promo price again...
    Awesome. Ive been eyeing that barrel for awhile now as a candidate for my next build.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I was gonna say, if you had the patience to weight a bit more, the Hodge 12.5" is available for pre-order, if you got the budget: https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/rif...-5-barrel.html
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Has anyone actually bought and measured a dd 12.5? I wouldn’t trust brownells measurements. Could’ve easily gotten copied over from something else.

It it’s really that small, I’d prolly order one today and sell my other 12.5 barres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok - I received and built up my TriArc (Feddersen blank) barrel. 12.5 mid gas.

I measured the gas port with my OriginCal (certified) but it's not the best way to measure as it's not the exact diameter due to the offset tips of the internal?
    Anyway - I got .073 and .075 measuring twice.

My SLR7 Sentry Ti gas block slipped right on

The barrel was pre-dimpled through the nitriding which was surprising. I'll need to grease that dimple to prevent rust right?

Weight was right at 662 (1 lb 7.35 oz) which is 23.3 oz
    Heavier than my Spikes/FN 11.5 pencil which came in around 17.496oz. The TriArc looks like an HBAR next to the Spikes/FN pencil LOL

I have Reman Black Hills 77gr OTM, 55gr IMI and 62g MagTech right now. If anybody has some favorite commercial ammo they'd like me to test I'd be amenable.

I'm planning on ordering some IMI 69gr RazorCore (77gr is OS) and some Speer Gold Dot LE 75gr SP unless someone says otherwise?

Info from TriArc site

Length 12.5"
    Material 4150V grade Milspec B-11595E Chromium-Molybdenum-Vanadium (CrMoV)
    Profile TRACK
    Finish Nitrocarburizing ( BLACKNITRIDE™ )
    Extension Finish Np3®
    Gas System Mid-Length
    Gas Block Journal .750" Diameter w/ 1" Length
    Twist Rate 1.7"
    Muzzle 1/2x28 Threaded
    Weight 1.37 Lbs
    Other Info Barrels are turned on centers and never chopped down from longer lengths
    Patent Number WO 2013074132 A1
    Last edited by joeg26er; 06-23-18 at 07:53. Reason: updated with accurate weight

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Black Hills OTM 77grain stuff is the best factory ammo in our experience.

PB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234