Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm Subgun Viable for Home Defense?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    But do recall, .223 tends to penetrate less than 9mm contrary to what may seem common sense, so perhaps less likely to strike you as it does not pass through walls like they are not there. I was not there and don't know the details, so just general observation to your comments and possible food for thought on the overall topic.
    223 has more penetrating then 9mm. Shot a vest and see what happens. No even close.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    223 has more penetrating then 9mm. Shot a vest and see what happens. No even close.
    Did you shoot the vest through dry wall and 2x4s?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is .223 does not penetrate dry wall, 2x4, etc compared to 9mm, and thus, in the situation you were talking about, may actually present a lower risk. It's counter intuitive to think .223 fails to penetrate compared to 9mm in homes, but it's true. That's well established. Obviously there's a lot of potential variables, and my only point was perhaps, with walls between you, may actually be safer with .223. It's also why .223 may actually be better for HD. It was just added as point of potential interest.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    My 9mm and .40 carbines kick more than my 5.56 guns. It’s not a huge difference but it’s noticeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Then train her or get her some training.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    How does that in any way change that PCCs often have more recoil than their carbine counter parts? It's simply the nature of the beast, given how many PCCs are blowback guns. This is why the MPX dominates the PCC realm in USPSA, as it's not blowback like the various AR-types and the CZ Evo.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    How does that in any way change that PCCs often have more recoil than their carbine counter parts? It's simply the nature of the beast, given how many PCCs are blowback guns. This is why the MPX dominates the PCC realm in USPSA, as it's not blowback like the various AR-types and the CZ Evo.
    I ask you this in all seriousness. How is the clone MP5’s comparing to MPX in USPSA as far as recoil and such? Thanks in advance
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    How are you guys securing carbines with toddlers/kids running around? As much as I would like to keep a long gun handy I have not figured out a reasonable method to make it happen. The smallest footprint I have would be a suppressed MP5K with a folding brace but even then it would not be bedside.

I don't care a hoot if I lose a 2-stamp SBR or a MP5 clone during a HD situation. Being safe and stopping an attack is priority 1. Saving hearing is number 2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    How are you guys securing carbines with toddlers/kids running around? As much as I would like to keep a long gun handy I have not figured out a reasonable method to make it happen.
    My kids are still young enough (5, 3, and 3 months old) that I can keep my suppressed 300BLK on the top shelf of my bedroom closet and they can't get to it (and they don't know it's there anyway). Even still, I always keep the safety on with mag inserted on an empty chamber. In the rare off chance one of them was able to get it, the chance of them being able to figure out how to chamber a round and manipulate the safety at their age is slim. Once they get older, I will probably keep the 300BLK in a small closet safe like this https://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-Quick-.../dp/B005FDIUPE

Feedback Score
    I ask you this in all seriousness. How is the clone MP5’s comparing to MPX in USPSA as far as recoil and such? Thanks in advance
    I honestly don't know. The roller lock systems will definitely be far better than the blowback systems, but anecdotally, there doesn't seem to be much difference unsuppressed.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

9mm Subgun Viable for Home Defense?

I don't have a "her" to train. I was making a comment. My Lady is a Marine Corps Combat Veteran. I did buy her a midlengh BCM and G19. She shoots very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 08-29-18 at 23:38.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast