Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SR15 running suppressed questions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

SR15 running suppressed questions

I always run the Vltor A5 in my AR's, but since this was my beloved SR15, I was hesitant to do so.

This may be a separate issue but I have found the gun won't lock back at all with Colt 20 round mags and most of the time w/ 20 round Pmags. AAC mini 4 suppressor , fyi

Runs with no issue with 30 round Pmags and Okay mags.

What weight buffer does the SR15 come with and would you install the A5 system?

Any feedback on any of this - 20 round vs 30 performance and or the A5 ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I cannot speak for anything KAC, but the A5H2 and Sprinco green spring runs really smooth with properly gassed uppers of various barrel lengths, suppressed and unsuppressed. It's particulary impressive with my Lothar-Walther 20" upper with a Battlecomp. All in 5.56/223.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I cannot speak for anything KAC, but the A5H2 and Sprinco green spring runs really smooth with properly gassed uppers of various barrel lengths, suppressed and unsuppressed. It's particulary impressive with my Lothar-Walther 20" upper with a Battlecomp. All in 5.56/223.
    Like I said, there is no bigger fan of the A5, I have way too many for a man of any common sense. Just wanted to check with the KAC fans! I bet the 20 inch Walther is a shooter.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We'll weigh the existing buffer. If it's a CAR buffer for whatever reason, the case will be closed. The gun is definitely not short stroking. The Ambi bolt catch probably does not like excessive bolt speed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Straight 20 round PMAGs, or the newer curved style PMAGS?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Straight 20 round PMAGs, or the newer curved style PMAGS?
    I think old school straight, why stick ?

PB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If it’s a 16” I believe they come with a CAR... I never looked at mine as it’s always ran well so I didn’t really care. I want to say I read on here that KAC’s intermediate gas system is tuned to run in a CAR buffer.

I think the 11.5’s come with an H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The L-W barrel is awesome, especially with premium ammo in the 75gr weight range.

I have a couple of Magpul 20 rounders. While they never fail to feed, they often fail to lock back.

I assume you performed the requisite lock back check?

I am American

Feedback Score
    I notice a vast difference in the spring tension with the newer curved Pmag/20's be far superior. Could be the bolt is running faster than the follower is rising?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My 20 round Pmags often don't lock back when manually operating the action.

I am American

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast