Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most reliable QD scope mount for ARs?

Feedback Score

Most reliable QD scope mount for ARs?

I'm having some trouble deciding between ADM and other comparable mounts for a 16" patrol gun

Feedback Score
    Leaning towards adm, bobro, Midwest and probably not looking at spuhr because of price

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Leaning towards adm, bobro, Midwest and probably not looking at spuhr because of price
    What optic??

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I just recently had to make the same decision. I've used Bobro a few times in the past and have been happy so I was going to go that route, but ended up seeing a few really bad horror stories. Plus, their non extended mount is a lot shorter than I wanted.

I've had an ADM Aimpoint mount in the past but never really cared for it. Midwest seems like it might be a little better since it has more adjustment points, but overall I think you have to give up durability to go QD.

Ultimately, I decided to pick up a Geissele mount since they are 20% off for Memorial Day right now.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    What optic??
    And what do you mean by reliable? Most secure locking method? Or ability to maintain zero after being removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Return to zero and overall durability.

Accupower or accupoint

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Return to zero and overall durability.

Accupower or accupoint
    Of the QD mounts Bobro seems to have the best return to zero since they have a much higher clamping force than the others.

Overall durability wise I'd probably go with MI or ADM. The Bobro relies on some pretty flimsy screws that hold on the spring bar that it uses as a lug. I've seen a few instances of these breaking or the spring bar not matching up with the size of the rail causing issues.

That said, I used a Bobro with a 1-6 Accupower for a while with no issues and have a Steiner P4Xi now with no issues. I'll probably end up replacing it with a Geissele at some point though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Of the QD mounts Bobro seems to have the best return to zero since they have a much higher clamping force than the others.
    The author of this article has the same conclusion regarding RTZ. Unfortunanely, Geissele was not included.
    http://www.recoilweb.com/preview-a-g...nts-57239.html
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The author of this article has the same conclusion regarding RTZ. Unfortunanely, Geissele was not included.
    http://www.recoilweb.com/preview-a-g...nts-57239.html
    I would imagine the Geissele would come out ahead, especially if you are using a tool that can accurately match the torque each time.

That said, most shooters probably wouldn't notice much of a difference in real world usage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wish Geissele made a QD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast