Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bipod advice

Feedback Score

Bipod advice

I just ordered a sionics upper to go on my 6920, along with a Giselle trigger. My rifle rides in between the driver seat and center council of the pickup. When I say it rides there, I mean it lives there. But since i'm going to have a better trigger and a more accurate upper, I want a bipod, instead of just doing the old magazine rest. Are the grip pods worth a damn or should I just throw an atlas on there? Problem with the atlas i'm worried is if I will still be able to cram it between the seats. That's why I was thinking something like a grip pod, or do you guys have any better suggestions? I use this rifle to shoot coyotes, prairie dogs etc.

Off topic, but the plan is eventually to get another lower and the sionics upper will go on that and I will put the 6920 back together. Put my red dot back on the 6920 and keep my scope on the sionics upper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you are not in a rush, I would wait for the Magpul Bipod to come out this summer. It's cheap and has some nice features.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Never mind.. didn't read well enough.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Atlas bipod, is a great piece of kit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    "Problem with the atlas i'm worried is if I will still be able to cram it between the seats"

Just put the bipod you end up with on a QD mount attached to a short rail that stays on the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    "Problem with the atlas i'm worried is if I will still be able to cram it between the seats"

Just put the bipod you end up with on a QD mount attached to a short rail that stays on the rifle.
    Well that's the best damn idea yet! Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you looked at something like the Assaulter bipod from heathen systems? It might fit the bill.
    -tpdavis

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate and I picture us invading that world because they would never expect it.

Feedback Score
    The absolute best bipod I ever used was a Parker-Hale spigot mounted bipod. Nothing else comes close. Harris, already mentioned, is probably as good as anything else. Unfortunately, they have exposed springs, which tend to hang on branches in the woods and collect straw and grass in the field. They tend to be noisy unless you keep them lubricated, but if you lube them, then they stink. That being said, I own 2 Harris, and a P-H knock-off called Versa-Pod. I like the Versa-Pod more than the Harris, but they are not available in brick and mortar stores where I live.

It depends on how you intend to use the bipod.

For most shooting the shorter 6-9 works well, especially at bench.

If you shoot prone on the ground in grass you may benefit from some more height.

I have both. I typically use the short 6-9" pivot benchrest model from Harris. It is the model with notch legs

Feedback Score
    No, I haven't even heard of assaulter but i'll take a look.

I've had Harris before on bolt rifles, just never did like it much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I paid $20 a piece for my used Grippods on ebay. While they are no longer the cool guy kit, they still work and are highly functional. If you have the room for a VFG that will function as a bipod, and understand the limitations, it may work well for you.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast