Thread: Sig P210 (US made) Range report

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Sig P210 (US made) Range report

Amateur Range Report
    Gun Tested Sig P210 (US made version)
    Date 6-2-18

I went shooting today with a new gun I have been wanting for a long time. A Sig P210. The European version of the pistol is super expensive, and I could not justify it. But last year they started making the 210 in the US with a simplified barrel lock up system and with an improved 1911 style safety as well. I was worried that the simplified barrel lock up might compromise accuracy but that did not seem to be the case. Firing 3 off hand groups at 25 yards my average was 2.02 inches. For comparison I fired a group with my Dawson Precision custom STI Edge a bull barreled 9mm that I use for 3-gun competition and the group size was 3.23 inches. Until I got the Sig the STI was my most accurate 9mm.

After sighting the pistol in and firing the 5 shot groups Greg and I had an old-fashioned Bullseye competition for who buys lunch. I won scoring 96 out of 100 at 25 yards slow fire while he got 91 points using his custom Springfield 1911 in .45 ACP.

After the lunch challenge we did some long-range work on a steel target that is 10 inches wide and tall. We made hits out to 94 yards. It was easy with the sig. The front fiber optic sight was easy to see. The trigger on this gun is smooth and comes in at 3.10 to 3.14 pounds. For comparison my 9mm Edge came in almost the exact same at 3.11 to 3.16 pounds. The Edge also had a front fiber optic sight and adjustable rear sights. So the comparison was very good. The Sigs trigger has just a hint of take up so its not quite as glass rod ish as the 1911 and 2011 type guns but still very good.

About the only complaint on the gun is that there is a sharp edge on the grip near the safety I will have to have smoothed down. Also due to the slide profile racking and press checking is a bit more difficulty since you have less area to grasp. The slide to frame fit is solid no wiggle or any movement what so ever. I am very happy with this pistol. I purchased it as a range toy for long range pistol shooting.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on the "Holy Grail" of SiG pistols, the P210. Beautiful stocks on your pistol.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Very nice range report and great shooting. I have always wanted one of these too since reading about them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So is it, or the STI, for sale?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Enjoy that piece of work. I've wanted one since I was 10 years old. It's been on my wishlist for a number of years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone know SIG has any plans for regular service grade version of this pistol?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes if the shot show report a few years back was correct.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.