Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post your Lifting schedule,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I work my way up to working sets in a way very similar to Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" In general, I do two sets of 5 reps with an empty bar or very light weight (e.g. 135 lb deadlift or 15 lb DB Mil Press), then a set of 5 at slightly more weight, then a set of 3, then a set of 2, then working sets. Most days I do everything in a giant quad set, moving from one exercise to the next in circuit. If I know the main lift will be a struggle, I do that by itself before doing the remaining lifts in a circuit, or sometimes I superset the first two lifts & the last two. It depends.

Monday
    Deadlift: 3 sets of 5
    Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 (occasionally do sets of 8 or 10)
    Chin-Ups or Pull-ups (alternate between the two each workout): 3 sets as many reps until form deteriorates
    Calf Raises

Wednesday
    Squats: 3 sets of 5
    DB Military Press: 3 sets of 5/6/8/10 reps
    Chin-ups or pull-ups with a 45 lb plate: 3 sets
    Romanian Deadlift: 2 or 3 sets of 10 reps

Friday
    Front Squats: 3 sets of 10
    Barbell Incline Press: 3 sets of 5/6/8/10
    Chin-Ups or Pull-Ups w/45 lb plate: 3 sets
    DB Lunge Walk: 3 sets of 10 steps

I usually intend to do abs/core exercises and stretches before my workout as my preworkout kicks in, but if I work before working out I almost always skip that. I'm really bad about doing cardio and/or P90X X-Stretch on my non-lifting days, but that's something I want to incorporate with consistency.

Feedback Score
    Here's a cycle I've ran before with pretty great results. Focus is on strength. Find your maxes and work off those numbers. Follow the percentages of 1RM each day. Add 5lbs to each lift, each week. Run the program for 4 weeks and retest maxes.

MONDAY
    Bench 4x8 70%
    Squat 6x3 70%
    Deadlift 5x5 80%

WEDNESDAY
    Squat 4x8
    Deadlift 6x3
    Bench 5x5

FRIDAY
    Deadlift 3x6 (it should be a 4x8 but I hate doing deads for higher reps)
    Bench 6x3
    Squat 5x5

Edit: You can split your accessory work on tuesday (upper body) and thursday (lower body) OR do it all on saturday. Your choice of accessory work.

I also couple everything with a running program - currently doing a 10k running program (sub-45min)
    Last edited by horsefighting; 10-17-18 at 19:41.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123