Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your Lifting schedule,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Post your Lifting schedule,

I'm interested in what others are doing.
    I tend to work out five to six days a week and cycle through a Leg day, a Shoulders and Back day and a Chest and Arms day. I begin each work out with twenty minutes of jogging breaking it up with one minute of jogging and one minute of sprinting.

I'm getting good results but, I'm having issues with my old legs not recovering as quick as I would like and some general annoying soreness. I would prefer to refine it a bit and see if I cant do better.
    Is there something I'm missing?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm interested in what others are doing.
    I tend to work out five to six days a week and cycle through a Leg day, a Shoulders and Back day and a Chest and Arms day. I begin each work out with twenty minutes of jogging breaking it up with one minute of jogging and one minute of sprinting.

I'm getting good results but, I'm having issues with my old legs not recovering as quick as I would like and some general annoying soreness. I would prefer to refine it a bit and see if I cant do better.
    Is there something I'm missing?
    For all but a small % of lifters, most people will derive best bang for % doing whole body, or at least upper/lower splits. Staley always has good intel:

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/th...-workout-split

I tend to workout every other day in terms of RT, and between that, ride my bike, swim, walk dog on beach, etc. Some times I replace a leg day with HIIT, may just do a whole body circuit conditioning work and mobility work, foam rolling and such. Non impactive conditioning work.

Goals: Maintenance of FFM and general health, not adding to existing injuries (torn rotator mostly) or causing new injuries due to my 50+ year old brain/ego thinking I have a 20+ year old body.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    My workout schedule is actually almost exactly the same. I also do about 20 min of cardio.

The biggest difference for me in regards to recovery has been my diet all Whole Foods and supplementation and of course plenty of sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I workout every other day; either whole body or upper/lower split days depending on what my trainer has programmed for the week. They are crossfit(ish) as in a crossfit type workout but utilizing proper technique and form. i.e no kipping etc. Each workout has at least one 3 circuit set or AMREPS for time, but the focus never gives up form and technique for time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sunday- chest/triceps/core
    Monday- back/biceps/calfs
    Tuesday- shoulders/forearms/core
    Wednesday-legs/calfs
    Thursday- chest/back/shoulders/core, 2 sets per body part, lighter weight-higher reps
    Friday/Saturday are either rest or makeup days.
    Cardio 20 mins 3-4 days per week
    Last edited by BadDogPSD; 06-08-18 at 19:13. Reason: Added info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    For all but a small % of lifters, most people will derive best bang for % doing whole body, or at least upper/lower splits. Staley always has good intel:

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/th...-workout-split

I tend to workout every other day in terms of RT, and between that, ride my bike, swim, walk dog on beach, etc. Some times I replace a leg day with HIIT, may just do a whole body circuit conditioning work and mobility work, foam rolling and such. Non impactive conditioning work.

Goals: Maintenance of FFM and general health, not adding to existing injuries (torn rotator mostly) or causing new injuries due to my 50+ year old brain/ego thinking I have a 20+ year old body.
    Thanks Will. Good article from Staley. I've used every split on earth over the last 25 years of training. I'm 45 years old 6'3" approximately 225 lbs and approximately 12% bf. I agree the whole body 3 x per week is effective but my issue is it makes going to the gym tedious as you can only hit basic lifts to get the whole body and not have 90 +minute workouts. Whole body causes me to mentally lose interest and takes away the "fun" which at this point I'm just training for life and to not be a fat boy. As I'm not expecting much hypertrophy after 25 years of training without AAS (not my thing)

Personally I prefer Upper / lower 2x per week

or my current

1. Chest / back
    2. Lower body
    3. Shouders / arms

My 2 cents..

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I used to break up my workouts but now I do cardio two days in a row (stairs / Elliptical rotation) and then one day of lifting. Sunday is fun day with guns and barley Pops. I stretch 15 minutes before I work out. My lifting is a full body with 10-15 reps on each body part, 3 good sets. When I turned 50, I said Im going to kill it and was lifting my ass off, benching 315 for triples bla bla bla..damn my elbows hurt, back hurt, eff that.

Now my goal is to not look like shit and not aggravate my back. I just want to wake up and feel good. Im 56, age is a huge consideration to your workouts. The biggest key is to "just do it", good luck with your progress.

quick thoughts: Hard legs once a week is fine, let them recover between biking etc. Switch up and add dumbells. If your calfs don't look great, do them everyday. Change your workout often, listen to your body. Im sure you look great and feel great, good luck.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-28-18 at 09:16.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Thanks Will. Good article from Staley. I've used every split on earth over the last 25 years of training. I'm 45 years old 6'3" approximately 225 lbs and approximately 12% bf. I agree the whole body 3 x per week is effective but my issue is it makes going to the gym tedious as you can only hit basic lifts to get the whole body and not have 90 +minute workouts. Whole body causes me to mentally lose interest and takes away the "fun" which at this point I'm just training for life and to not be a fat boy. As I'm not expecting much hypertrophy after 25 years of training without AAS (not my thing)

Personally I prefer Upper / lower 2x per week

or my current

1. Chest / back
    2. Lower body
    3. Shouders / arms

My 2 cents..
    I like upper/lower myself generally.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Currently I'm doing cardio five days a week and lifting five days a week.
    I take one day a week off completely and one day a week I will cardio (run) and not lift and one day I will lift and skip cardio
    I'm looking to not work major body parts twice a week in order to not over train.
    Sometimes I will hit the wall and just be too sore to continue. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here. Usually this happens about once every two weeks or so.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Currently I'm doing cardio five days a week and lifting five days a week.
    I take one day a week off completely and one day a week I will cardio (run) and not lift and one day I will lift and skip cardio
    I'm looking to not work major body parts twice a week in order to not over train.
    Sometimes I will hit the wall and just be too sore to continue. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here. Usually this happens about once every two weeks or so.
    "I'm doing cardio five days a week and lifting five days a week."

I feel like we have had this discussion before...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-28-18 at 14:38.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast