Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your Lifting schedule,

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I used to do all that crap too but all that is permanent is a bony build-up called arthritis. You guys are all on your way to bad shoulders---I promise and predict and I am way better on this than Q. And you can do squats and dead lifts too and then go in for hip replacement surgery as I just did.

Get a 12 pound maul and a round or stump, hit the round 50 times as fast and hard as you can. Rest, switch sides, repeat. Wait at least 3 days between workouts, but you can skip a whole month without much loss if you like once you build up a level of strength/endurance. The legs stabilize this, everything upward gets direct benefit and works as a functional unit. I stopped everything else to do this and will never go back.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Day 1 - Shoulders, arms, mobility
    Day 2 - back squat squat, legs, mobility
    Day 3 - rest, mobility
    Day 4 - chest, arms, mobility
    Day 5 - DL, legs, mobility
    Day 6 - rest, mobility
    Day 7 - Rest, Mobility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sunday: Arms, legs, chest; intervals on bike
    Monday: Back, abs, shoulders intervals on bike
    Tuesday: 30mins bike, Systema
    Wednesday: Arms, legs, chest; intervals on bike
    Thursday: 30mins bike, Systema
    Friday: Back, abs, shoulders; intervals on bike
    Saturday: 30mins bike, Systema

Schedule depends on how intense Systema class goes and how much complaining my non-ACL-having knee does.
    Last edited by Achilles11B; 07-15-18 at 18:59.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Monday: chest/delts/tris/abs
    Tuesday: back/bis/forearms
    Wednesday: legs
    Thursday: chest/delts/tris/abs
    Friday: back/his/forearms
    Saturday: legs
    Sunday: off

For chest I do 3 sets of flat or incline bench (alternating). Not including warm ups and 3 sets of cable flyes or crossovers. For delts 3 sets of overhead press (either with barbell or with my trap bar, occasionally i’ll use my multi grip bar) and 3 sets of lateral raises (90% of the time with dumbbells, occasionally I will change it up and do cable lateral raises). For triceps I keep it simple 3-4 sets of either tricep extensions with the EZ curl bar, overhead extensions with the dumbbell (for some reason I really feel these) or dips ( narrow, to focus on triceps). I usually go 3 sets of tris, my triceps grow easy, it may even be unnecessary to train them directly. Abs it is either sits up on the GHD, ab roller or cable crunches.

Back day I start with 3 sets of deadlifts (occasional block pulls with wagon wheels, not often), 4 sets of either T-bar rows or overhand barbell rows, then 4 sets of either chin ups or lat pulldowns, 3 sets of barbell or dumbbell curls followed by 2 sets of hammer curls (or reverse curls), 3 sets of hyperextensions (ROM on a GHD isn’t that great here) and finally 2 drop sets on my captains or crush grippers.

Leg day is simple, I start on my bowflex M5 max trainer to warm my legs up doing their version of HIIT, 6 sets of box squats with the safety squat bar (my left knee likely has a partial patella tear, so I don’t go so heavy anymore, but I concentrate on time under tension and high reps), 4 sets of glute raises on the GHD & 4 sets of standing calf raises with the safety squat bar and calf block (I don’t even dink around with seated calf raises anymore).

I’m 36 years old, I over trained a ton when I was younger and I’m in this for the long haul, so I try to keep that in mind. I have my own garage gym so I work within those constraints. My biggest enemy is my appetite, I eat like a horse but if I get that under control I have no doubt I can look incredible again. I am 6’0” 240lbs, and while I carry it very well (very obvious I lift) I’d look best at 205lbs 9-10% body fat. When I was 30 I was 188lbs 6.5% bodyfat (measured with calipers) and I had “carb cycled” to get down to that but IMO I sacrificed too much muscle & strength to get there (looked good on the beach though). Probably this routine doesn’t work for everyone, I used to do the so called “bro split” and pound 1 body part into oblivion for 16-20 sets, since I am not a juicer I have no doubt this stunted gains and certainly caused tendinitis and over use issues. I was doing a push/pull split working each muscle every other day for less sets, that is most likely ideal, however it was a total PITA to be constantly setting up exercises in my garage gym (and I’d imagine it could be a PITA in a commercial gym that is crowded). So this twice a week split works for me, I generally keep my reps between 6-10, of course there is always exceptions, I rarely go with weight I can’t handle for at least 6 reps (risk of injury goes too high). I also spend a good 15 minutes every morning warming up and stretching out, I think this is time we’ll spent.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I change my workouts around in order to keep my muscles confused and to keep it interesting. In the winter I will out 5 days and 1 day off. In the summer I will work out Monday-Thursday to keep my weekends more free.

My current regiment is this:
    Mom-Legs
    Tue-Chest
    Wed-Biceps and Traps
    Thursday-Teicep and Shoulders
    Friday-play Rec hockey. 1 game. 60m
    Saturday-nothing
    Sunday-play rec hockey. 1 game. 60m

Usually I will do 20-30m of fasted cardio a couple of weekdays first thing in the morning.

I will also change how I lift every 4 weeks. 4wk heavy 5x5, next 4wks I'll do increasing weight with sets 12-10-8-6, last 4 weeks I will do light weight with 3 sets of 18-24 reps. Then repeat.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I don't do this in any order because I try to mix it up as much as I can...
    Workouts are usually an hour or more a day...
    1.) Arms bis and tris
    2.) Shoulders
    3.) Chest
    4.) Back
    5.) Deadlifts
    6.) Repeat either Chest or Arms
    I will throw a rest day in there somewhere.
    Cardio happens sometimes but not often....
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Twice a week, two to three days between workouts. At 74 I need more recovery time.

1st day, pullups, bench press. squats, standing barbell shoulder press, biceps, shrug.

2nd day, pullups, bench press, dead lifts, standing barbell shoulder pres, triceps, shrug.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Twice a week, two to three days between workouts. At 74 I need more recovery time.

1st day, pullups, bench press. squats, standing barbell shoulder press, biceps, shrug.

2nd day, pullups, bench press, dead lifts, standing barbell shoulder pres, triceps, shrug.
    I want to be this guy!

Day 1 Chest
    Day 2 Back
    Day 3 Shoulders
    Day 4 Bi's and Tri's
    Day 5 Legs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I do a different routine every month or six weeks or so with a week off between.

I will sometimes do full body, then focus on powerlifting, then an upper/lower, then an old school 3 day, then I may stay out of the gym and do HIIT type stuff on the range with shooting drills in the rest periods.

Right now I'm in the middle of a basic routine which works pretty well for me because as I close in on 40 I have a hard time recovering from full body workouts and am fizzled out by the end of the week.

Mon: chest/tris
    Wed: legs/shoulders/traps
    Fri: back/bis

I always include the basic compound barbell lifts: flat benchpress, back squat, overhead press, deadlift.

I stay off of machines totally. There is less than no value in machines.

I don't do cardio because I hate it, it's boring, it sucks, I don't like it, and I ain't gonnafukkindoit.

Feedback Score
    I play around with upper/lower splits. 4-5 days a week; 7-8 sessions a week (I also lift on lunch break sometimes).

Usually I alternate each day, but the past month I've been doing upper body training for the first half of the week and lower body training for the second half. The weights are typically 65-80% of my training max (which is 90% of the actual 1RM). On upper body days I maintain at least a 2:1 pull/push ratio volume-wise (If I do ~25-30 reps on a pressing movement, then I will do at least 60 reps on a pulling movement in that same plane). I train lower body similarly.

I've been playing around with different variations of presses (as in OHP) and squats. Zercher squats and log presses are probably my favorite. I also tend to use the trap bar with the fat grips for deadlifts a lot, which actually helps me a lot on the standard barbell deadlift (namely, it allows me more volume on a hinge movement without exhausting myself).

Cardio happens when I pick up heavy shit and move it over a distance as quickly as possible with it (farmers' walk, yoke walks).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast