Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures: Glock Stock Sights vs. Blacked-Out Rear Sight/Hi-Viz Front Sight

Feedback Score
    Like shoes, handgun sights are a very personal choice and there is nothing out there that is the best for everyone.

Over the years I've used a lot of different handgun sights. My carry guns have always had night sights of one variety or another and always will. Most standard night sights are good at night, but I find them to be just okay during the daylight.

As my once perfect see-close vision has slightly deteriorated I started using brighter sights. I love the Truglo TFO sights and have them on all my Glocks. They are good during the day as well as good at night. The Trijicon HDs are excellent with the large front orange dot for day or night. But they have very annoying sharp edges on the rear that is simply inexcusable. The fiber optic sights on several of my handguns are also excellent. I find the luminescent sights on a couple of my handguns are great for daylight shooting, when most of us do the majority of our shooting. But I don't use them on my carry guns since they are not good at night.

I do not agree that "there's a growing consensus" that there should be a plain black rear sight and a bright front sight. But, if one like that setup then one should choose and use it.

I also do not think a three dot sight is "busy" in any way. It's probably the most common factory sight so a lot of people are using it. But if others don't like it then they should use something else. It's all just personal choice. The TFOs on one of my Glocks with a yellow front dot and green rear dots is really hard to beat for an all-round sight for me. Good in daylight and great at night.

Thankfully, we are fortunate to have a wealth of choices in handgun sights. Choices are always good.

Feedback Score
    I have been using the LAV Wilson Combat green fiber optic sites on my Gen 4 glock 19 and the only issue is I think I’m switching to the red fiber from the green. I was hoping the green would be easier for me to pick up, but those Hackathorn front sites have me thinking otherwise.

Feedback Score
    I have Dawson adjustable sights on my primary carry Glock 19 right now. I'm definitely a fan of the blacked out rear and fiber optic front sight. On full-size or compact pistols (G19 or larger sized), I'll always have an X300U or similar, so I find night sights to be unnecessary. On small pistols like my PPS M2, a G43, or a shield, I'd run night sights because I'm not running a white light or IR illuminator with a laser and/or red dot (if I have NODs).

Feedback Score
    Dawsonmasterrace.

dawson masterrace.jpg
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 07-13-18 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have HDs on several Glocks (7 IIRC?) I also have FBI sights on my 19.5. IMO the FBI are better than the HDs because they have less sharp edges than the HDs.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Pictures: Glock Stock Sights vs. Blacked-Out Rear Sight/Hi-Viz Front Sight

I’m a fan of the 10-8 f/o front and blacked out rear but for my 19x I’m going to try out the overwatch precision sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpeto3969; 07-17-18 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run Trijicon HD's on most of my pistols these days, but with a little bit of a twist. I dug out the orange with a pick and filled it with white vinyl fishing lure paint. This provides with with a very large bright white front dot with blacked rears. I no longer prescribe to the night sights are required mentality as during real use I can not remember ever needing them. With a weapon mounted light activated in low light or no light you can not see the tritium and any other time there is too much ambient light for the tritium to be visible. I run blacked out rears with a white dot on the front on my pistols with RMR's. I have tried orange and green in the past, but my eyes still pick up the white better for some reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12