Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5...so far

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I grabbed a G34/5 Blue label a couple months ago. I have about 350 rounds through it. Shoots very well for me. No BTF (yet). I am very pleased with it so far and most especially it’s accuracy...one of my top 3 if not top 2 most accurate 9mms.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I might be cynical but it cracks me up the trepidation that people talk about the new Glocks with.

I have a Gen 5 19 and it works great. If you mentioned the CZ P-10 C and you’ve put 300-500 rounds though it no malfunctions “CZ’s a Glock killer” or the new M&P’s same thing. Glock Gen 5? 500-600 rounds and “well, we’ll see it’s not field tested”.

I think everyone harkens back to the Gen 4 brass to face and now it’s taught us to put the Glocks under a microscope.

Mine hasn’t malfunctioned and I’m probably near 600-800 rounds. I think I had some 115 gr PMC (pretty soft shooting) give me a few brass to face in the first 100 rounds.

Other then that I certainly have had no malfunctions and I can’t recall any other BTF’s. Shoots really accurately; I was shooting to the left some, but the sights were on. I put on the medium blackstrap and I’m having no further issues.

I like the new finish, and with my hand shape the magwell also prevents me from pinching my palm on seating magazines (used to happen occasionally with the Gen 4 19). Overall, very pleased.

I keep thinking about the 34 Gen 5.

God Bless,

Brandon
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I might be cynical but it cracks me up the trepidation that people talk about the new Glocks with.

Brandon
    I was hesitant at first because they changed the trigger mechanism and I've got a ton of spare Gen 3 trigger springs around. Why tinker with something that works? Now I get it, since the trigger is noticeably better on my Gen 5 19 (had an Apex trigger and connector, but went back to the stock trigger w/ the Apex connector). It does suck that I now have to buy a $11 part instead of a $4 part if the spring fails. That being said, I love my 19.5 (except the magwell cutout and the stupid non-beveled frame on mine) and I just picked up a 19X.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Picked up a Gen5 17. The grip is as good as perfect for my hand. Gen4 17 frames feel skinny in the wrong place, where as the Gen4 19 feels good but gives me bad Glock knuckle. Mine shoots to the left with stock sights, hopefully I can run 10-8 sights centered as usual. I'm tempted to pick up a G19-5 now.

Edit: I'm shooting everything to the left right now. Probably isn't the pistol. (Perishable skills and all, I've been shooting rifle lately.)
    Last edited by opngrnd; 07-30-18 at 11:15. Reason: Added info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
    Glock part# 47249 is what you’re looking for. It comes on the Glock 34 gen 5. You might have to get an armorer to order it from Glock direct if you can’t find a take off.

For example: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...ide-stop-lever

They also used a part number 33797 briefly, I don’t know if the part changed or just the part number.
    I just got an extended slide release from Sportsmans Outdoors. Its going on my G17 when it gets issued to me next month.

Feedback Score
    I have several thousand rounds through my gen 5 17. No issues with anything at all. I'm currently running a Taran Tactical guide rod, which I like a lot.
    As far as I'm concerned Glock hit a home run.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike benedict View Post
    I have several thousand rounds through my gen 5 17. No issues with anything at all. I'm currently running a Taran Tactical guide rod, which I like a lot.
    What loads do you run with that TTI? I’ve been thinking about getting one of those 14lb guide rods too, because unless you are shooting +p or something, the factory springs are oversprung. Any issues going in to battery or anything?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    What loads do you run with that TTI? I’ve been thinking about getting one of those 14lb guide rods too, because unless you are shooting +p or something, the factory springs are oversprung. Any issues going in to battery or anything?
    I would like to know as well. How is the recoil impulse compared to the stock RSA?

Figured Tangodown would have the Vickers extended slide stop available by now.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am glad to hear things are going well. I am patiently waiting to get one.

I have several gen 3s. I bought on gen4, but sold it because, other then the safety, it did not do much for me. I fondled a 19.5, 17.5, and a 19x. The x was my favorite and is what I plan on getting first.

Now the question rolling through my mind is, do I ditch my gen 3s to fund a bunch of gen 5s.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Say what?

Gloves impeding the magazine from dropping is an equipment issue that should not be solved via an irritation point for people that dont shoot with gloves.

Maybe 1% of the Glock buying population shoots with gloves.

99% of road patrol Law Enforcement officers dont walk around with gloves on all the time.

99% of civilians, unless you're a LARPing fool, dont shoot with gloves on.

99% of SWAT and specialized units shoot with gloves on.

99% of SWAT teams and specialized units are NOT using g19's with that awful, irritating cutout. For the .5's I get the existence of the cutout due to the magazine flare. However, I still maintain that for the 19.5 it was a bad design choice as it is a huge point of irritation and hardly necessary. My work gun is a gen 4 17 with no cutout and I have zero issues with mags sticking in the gun. Additionally, the Agency sim guns are gen 3's with no cutouts and when a magazine stuck, I cleared it from the firearm like i always do by grabbing the baseplate.

Stripping magazines pre gen 5 and pre cut out was and is EXTREMELY easy. The base plate on a Glock is quite thick and quite easy to get a hold of should you NEED to forcibly remove it. I dont understand your cool guy post...at all. Can you share a little bit of your background and why you think magazines MUST be stripped on all reloads during FOF, sims, and the "two way range"? Additionally, if you shoot for time or standards, stripping magazines is always slower so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Maybe stop wearing gloves?

I dont get your post, at all. Denigrating people that dont like the cutout by saying they have no experience is just stupid.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike benedict View Post
    I have a Gen5 G19 which has an even shorter grip than the 17 and have no issues with the cutout despite my big ass hands. I agree. The Gen5 is actually “perfection”.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast