Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration agents arrest 114 in sting at Ohio landscaper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Immigration agents arrest 114 in sting at Ohio landscaper

Here's what is a major problem we have with illegal immigration, and why illegal immigration will be a problem well into the future:

Immigration agents arrest 114 in sting at Ohio landscaper - none of the 114 arrested were the employers of the 114 illegal immigrants. And in more news: In April, agents made about 100 worker arrests at a meatpacking plant in rural Tennessee..........No criminal charges have been filed against the employer.

Here's the story: https://www.yahoo.com/news/immigrati...140227951.html

We will have problems with illegal immigration until we 1) make the border tight; 2) make arresting and significantly fining and imprisioning employers the norm.

These guys will get by with it because, wink, wink 'his papers looked good.'
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Here in La la Land (Hilton Head Island SC) help is hard to get. The 3 largest employers (A restaurant group and 2 landscape companies) require at least fake documentation. The low skilled natives won't work because our government pays them $3,500 a month to sit on their asses if they have 3-4 kids. Immigration wouldn't be a problem without entitlement programs!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let’s hear it for all the “feckless” congressmen and successive generations of spineless weasels who, for decades past, thought doing nothing about illegal immigration was just peachy.

Most are long dead and gone now—but the damage is done.

Yeah, Teddy, “Lion of the Senate”— “Walrus Maximus” — I’m talking about YOU.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    If they fined every employer of illegals as harshly as they hit Asplundh, I bet this would stop. $95 million for Asplundh, how much for the others?
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Fine and imprison the employers, it'd be done damn overnight.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Immigration wouldn't be a problem without entitlement programs!
    Take away the incentives that bring them here and they won't want to come here.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    These guys will get by with it because, wink, wink 'his papers looked good.'
    Just a coincidence they were all named Jose Lopez and had same SSN.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I drove by a school that was under construction one day when the Border Patrol decided to pay a visit.
    Literally people jumping out of windows to get away from being checked and bear in mind it was a public school being inspected.
    I have often wondered why the Bosses or Owners of such business aren't going to jail, perhaps if we want to end this.....never mind.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I drove by a school that was under construction one day when the Border Patrol decided to pay a visit.
    Literally people jumping out of windows to get away from being checked and bear in mind it was a public school being inspected.
    I have often wondered why the Bosses or Owners of such business aren't going to jail, perhaps if we want to end this.....never mind.
    If the construction companies didn't hire immigrants the school wouldn't get built! There is no one else to hire. Like I said earlier... American citizens won't work labor jobs because our government pays them more to stay home and have babies! Why would they work for 15 bucks an hour when Uncle Sam pays them 22 an hour to stay home??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If the construction companies didn't hire immigrants the school wouldn't get built! There is no one else to hire. Like I said earlier... American citizens won't work labor jobs because our government pays them more to stay home and have babies! Why would they work for 15 bucks an hour when Uncle Sam pays them 22 an hour to stay home??
    I don't totally agree with that sentiment. I think a lot of folks just don't want to work that hard.

As an example, one of the cooks for the cafeteria services provider at my former employer, got a job at one of our local salt mines. Nearly double the pay. He did orientation, and quite the second day. They had him, the new guy, schlepping 40 pound bags of water softener salt off a conveyor onto pallets. His words as he reclaimed his old job 'I ain't going to work that hard.'

Another example - my sons both work at a paper mill,one of the best paying 'non-technical' entry level job in our area. Problem is - it's a paper mill - humid year round, 100+ by the machines. Entry level guys spend a lot of time scooping hot steaming paper(ish) out of the 'hole' when the machines screw up. Despite it being one of the best paying jobs in the area, my son's tell me only about a third of the new hires stick with it. Simply too hard.

So in reality, while I do believe that a number of folks do set at home on the dole, even more don't take the concrete or general construction work simply because they don't want to work that hard. They stick with a less physically demanding lower paying Mcjob rather than do hard physical work.

Truth is, in reality both of us are probably over simplifying.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast