Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle case for a truck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Rifle case for a truck

Not sure this is the right forum, but here goes.

I am interested in getting a truck M4(thats another thread) but I have zero clue how to secure the gun in the truck. I basically only want to store a 16" carbine and maybe one or two spare mags with the gun so I dont need a ton of extra space. Needs to be concealed.

Ive got an 09 F150 4 door. The bottom of the rear seats fold up. I am interested in some type of case(pelican???) that can be secured to the truck either with cables to some seat brackets or possibly bolting it to the floor of the truck under the seat bottom. I can get measurements if somebody has some stuff to suggest.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    I have looked at that.

The two problems I have with it is:
    1. It does not work with the factory subwoofer, which I have, and which I am not removing.
    2. It is not lockable/secure able.

Ford makes a very similar piece that would fit with the subwoofer, but its not lockable.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well I tried Good luck
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    W/O looking at the unlockable cases is there a way to attach locking hardware?

Keith

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Ive used the small Pelican weapons case in thus capacity. The 1500 I think it is. It's installed with 5 bolts that are sealed with silicone. It's pretty effective when double locked with good locks. It won't stop a bank robber but your average car stereo thief probably won't want to deal with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post

Keith
    Would something used in a police cruiser work?

Feedback Score
    Take a look at big sky racks. They may have something that mounts on a cruiser trunk that you could mount under the seat. For the mags, you may just have to throw them in your console.

http://www.bigskyracks.com/lawracks.html

KC
    Last edited by Kentucky Cop; 11-17-10 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    Take a look at this SKB gun case

You can run some cables through the padlock hasps, or through the handles

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post

Keith
    The Ford one I dont even think has a way to bolt the thing to the truck let alone secure anything to it. I think the one from Cabelas that was posted has the same 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Ive used the small Pelican weapons case in thus capacity. The 1500 I think it is. It's installed with 5 bolts that are sealed with silicone. It's pretty effective when double locked with good locks. It won't stop a bank robber but your average car stereo thief probably won't want to deal with it.
    I will have to get some measurements and see what size will fit. Did you just drill in to the pelican case and then into the floor of the truck? I think as long as it stays completely under the seat and basically hidden this would be an ideal solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    Would something used in a police cruiser work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    Take a look at big sky racks. They may have something that mounts on a cruiser trunk that you could mount under the seat. For the mags, you may just have to throw them in your console.

http://www.bigskyracks.com/lawracks.html

KC
    I am not sure on the legality any more of "open carry" of a long arm. Open carry is fairly legal in Missouri, but can be banned by city ordnance. The law doesnt differentiate between pistol and rifle. I am trying to keep it 100% concealed, which is legal everywhere. I also would like to be able to put the seat up to throw some stuff in the truck from time to time and with a rack like the Big Sky rack, that wouldnt be very feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by ctaft77 View Post
    Take a look at this SKB gun case

You can run some cables through the padlock hasps, or through the handles
    That particular case would be to long. Also looks just like a Pelican case(or very similar). I will have to check out their other options after I get some measurements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast