G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bob Marshall Hike

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yikes! Good luck with that ankle, I hope you did not suffer any lingering damage. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Feedback Score
    Likewise hope you have been mending & look forward to a candid report of things you learned.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad to hear you are ok. Did you have trouble getting out?
    I always recommend stout boots for that area.
    I hope you come back and try again.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serlo II View Post
    I'm glad to hear you are ok. Did you have trouble getting out?
    I always recommend stout boots for that area.
    I hope you come back and try again.
    I keep telling myself that I am going to start a multi-post write up. I'm 5 weeks post ankle reconstruction surgery and just started walking in a boot. It's been very difficult mentally, but the pain has been a 0 or 1 since three days post op.

I did not have trouble getting out, in the fact that I walked an additional 30+ miles after my injury. This is not a testament to my toughness, but my stupidity. The last 10 miles or so I was truly trudging along, shuffling if you will.

I was wearing above the ankle Keen's, but will be using a higher boot in the future. This was a traditionally unstable ankle, so I had packed a brace in my ruck, but was not wearing it at the time. #genuis.

I was set to come back this summer with my wife and was hoping to summit Haystack Mountain, but I don't think my surgeon is going to clear me. They say full recovery takes 1-2 years. Surgery was 3/12/19.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    I typically wear mountaineering boots but forest service fire guys have to wear specially rated higher boots. Maybe 8" minimum and very heavy duty. They typially destroy a pair in one season.
    Sorry to hear your ankle is so Fu#*ed. I've had a lot of injuries over the years and I get the chills when I hear this stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123