G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P 2.0 Slide Stop Modifications to Make Right Side Engagement Easier?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

I do not know what other spring you guys are talking about on the 2.0 slide catch. The clip that was used to attach the spring is still present on the 2.0 slide stop, but the spring is not installed.

[/B]
    Mine absolutely came with the spring installed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    Mine absolutely came with the spring installed.
    Well shoot. Mine didn't. I wonder if S&W customer service will give me one?

I've been pondering on the right side with left thumb release, and I've arrived at the conclusion the lever pad is too small to allow good purchase for depressing.

I need to find an aftermarket one if there is such an animal, or put some material on there.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Well shoot. Mine didn't. I wonder if S&W customer service will give me one?

I've been pondering on the right side with left thumb release, and I've arrived at the conclusion the lever pad is too small to allow good purchase for depressing.

I need to find an aftermarket one if there is such an animal, or put some material on there.
    Mine did not either. I have a FDE 5" and a 4.25" black - both with thumb safeties.

The 13# recoil spring helps a bit - my goodness was it a PITA to undo the captive recoil springs. Also when running it as a lefty, you can put your right index finger on the left handed slide stop with your right hand thumb on the right side of the slide stop to depress it if you choose to keep everything stock from factory. Larger levers would certainly help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123