Thread: Glock 37 slide width vs. rail width...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock 37 slide width vs. rail width...

I know the external dimensions of a Glock 37 sldie are wider than a 9mm or .40 slide, but if I understand correctly the frame rails of a 37 are the same width as a 9mm or .40. Thus, if I had a G37 frame I should be able to tear it down and rebuild it as a 9mm or .40 correct?

I ask because I have the opportunity to get a Glock 37 frame for close to free as part of a larger trade with my buddy but I'm not sure what I would do with it in .45 GAP.

TED

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have always been under the impression 9, 40, 357 & 45 GAP frames were identical. Seems kind of stupid from manufacturing standpoint to do otherwise. For that matter, I thought the slide widths were all the same too and weight variations were handled by differant internal slide configurations. But then I only know two things about 45 GAP:
    1) It was supposed to fit the 45's fat ass in the 9mm's tight pants.
    2) I don't want anything to do with it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    I know the external dimensions of a Glock 37 sldie are wider than a 9mm or .40 slide, but if I understand correctly the frame rails of a 37 are the same width as a 9mm or .40. Thus, if I had a G37 frame I should be able to tear it down and rebuild it as a 9mm or .40 correct?
    It's the same.

The Glock 37 can use the same slide as the Glock 17/22/31.
    The Glock 38 can use the same slide as the Glock 19/23/32.
    The Glock 39 can use the same slide as the Glock 26/27/33.

Just makes sure it's the same generations. (Gen 3 not compatible with Gen 4 or Gen 5).

The prototype Glock 37 design used a slide that was the same dimension as the 17/22.
    When it went into production, they made the slide thicker. (rumor was due to lawyers insisting on it for liability reasons in case of kaboom)
    Last edited by Quiet; 06-10-18 at 03:51.