Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Sorry to see this so late. I’ve been using mine exclusively on AR and AK platform. It’s pretty much like a T2, though I suspect a bit less heavy duty.
    I didn't even consider this on an AK but it makes perfect sense. Is there a low mount available for the acro yet?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For ultimate pistol slide mounting at a great value check out the integrated machined in dovetail by ATEi. Their solution to the rear sight is simply amazing and it allows you to have the rear blade either in front or behind the ACRO.

Slides on the way!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Aimpoint qc: “we don’t want any moisture”

Aimpoint assembler: “say no more fam”

It’s on three sides of the window.
    Yeah mine has generous amounts of whatever adhesive material they’re using to seal the lenses as well.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    For ultimate pistol slide mounting at a great value check out the integrated machined in dovetail by ATEi. Their solution to the rear sight is simply amazing and it allows you to have the rear blade either in front or behind the ACRO.

Slides on the way!
    Idk, it’s pretty cheesy imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

I’d like to know more. I’m considering this based off standard height sights they say you can use. But if there’s a downside to their set up I want to be aware of it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Have you seen it in hand?

No mounting plate to worry about or screws to possibly loosen! The dovetail is totally machined into your slide, what is cheesy about that? Cost is $100 plus refinish. How much more is a MOS or not to found M&P 2.0 CORE plus an Aimpoint Mounting Plate?

Is the "cheesy" part their rear sight insert? Remember its a BUIS, is it any cheesier than a plastic BUIS on a carbine? They offer a metal blade that can be placed either in front of or behind the optic that is totally locked in place. They also can cut a rear dovetail for a more traditional solution if that is what one seeks. Their ACRO iron sights have been also optimized in height to sit lower in the window vs the traditional red dot sighting on top of the front sight post opening up the field of view in the window much like a lower 1/3 co-witness. With the ACRO window being much more open on the bottom unlike the RMR this was a pretty nice solution not to disrupt that field of view.

Had it in my hands yesterday at the OTOA Conference and was very impressed with the view and simplicity. Does require their revised height Ameriglo front sight and I believe the front and rear insert are an additional $55 for black with a night sight option available.

Dont see a down side.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    19.5 MOS with the Dawson MOS RMR cowitness (rear is .395" tall) vs. 19.3 direct mill with Ameriglo suppressor height (rear is .395" tall)

Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    Have you seen it in hand?

No mounting plate to worry about or screws to possibly loosen! The dovetail is totally machined into your slide, what is cheesy about that? Cost is $100 plus refinish. How much more is a MOS or not to found M&P 2.0 CORE plus an Aimpoint Mounting Plate?

Is the "cheesy" part their rear sight insert? Remember its a BUIS, is it any cheesier than a plastic BUIS on a carbine? They offer a metal blade that can be placed either in front of or behind the optic that is totally locked in place. They also can cut a rear dovetail for a more traditional solution if that is what one seeks. Their ACRO iron sights have been also optimized in height to sit lower in the window vs the traditional red dot sighting on top of the front sight post opening up the field of view in the window much like a lower 1/3 co-witness. With the ACRO window being much more open on the bottom unlike the RMR this was a pretty nice solution not to disrupt that field of view.

Had it in my hands yesterday at the OTOA Conference and was very impressed with the view and simplicity. Does require their revised height Ameriglo front sight and I believe the front and rear insert are an additional $55 for black with a night sight option available.

Dont see a down side.
    I opted for the MOS version to get rid of the moon cut out on the frame and the forward serrations. I don't feel under-equipped with the MOS compared to my ATEI'd gen 3.

Last edited by contax_shooter; 06-05-19 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    Primary Machine is all done with my VP9 slide and ACRO. Should be shipping today.

Feedback Score
    Really want to see one of these piggybacked on an ACOG. It seems like it would really shine in that role.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    Really want to see one of these piggybacked on an ACOG. It seems like it would really shine in that role.
    Why? Contrary to their popularity in the military, the ACOG pales in comparison to a LPVO, especially as it relates to cost.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast