Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    Not trying to flex, if it came off that way it was not intentional.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TH76251556 View Post
    FACtS ...post them
    Fact: You're Paul McCain, notorious asshole. I really don't appreciate the thread you created criticizing Will Larsen after he passed, either.

You are a sick man, Paul. Get counseling.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am curious if some people have an easier time picking up the red LED? I have been running mine on 7, with no issues. And the days I have tried it at an outdoor range were all clear and sunny, with one exception. That was last Sunday, and i loaned the pistol out to a half-dozen folks to test.

I use clear protective shooting glasses, not tinted ones. Maybe that has a bearing on it?

If you have been using tinted glasses - dark, yellow, green etc - please let me know. Might be a useful data point.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been doing my shooting lately all outside wearing Oakley Holston sunglasses with the Prizm Ruby colored polarized lenses. Data point of one.

As an aside I don’t really have a preference one way or another about the dot color of the ACRO vs the RMR. Both pop out just fine for my eyes. I can see how some shooters who are colorblind or nearly colorblind might prefer the amber/orange colored dot of an RMR over the red of the ACRO.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 07-07-19 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Interesting, thanks for the info. I have two friends that work for Aimpoint, I'll touch base with them as well.

I really ought to pick up some tinted shooting glasses, but the current ones I have work.

Feedback Score
    While you’re touching base with them, ask if it would be possible to design a taller battery cover that could accommodate a battery that is thicker than a cr1225. Granted Aimpoint would have to get batteries made, but if we want more than 50 mAh on the ACRO the battery needs to be thicker, since 12.5mm diameter is what we have to work with.

I have confidence in your ability to sway them, LOL.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Sorry but all of you in high praise of the ACRO’s battery life on your barely useable 6/10 setting is a bit optimistic considering the optic has recently been available to consumers/hasn’t been in your possession longer than three months. Advertised battery life from 2019 Shot Show stated 1 year at setting 07/10. I don’t care how easy or cheap it is to change the battery.

The same people would be quick to dog EOTech’s battery life when compared to an Aimpoint Micro.
    I agree with what you are saying. Setting 7 for a year should be the absolute minimum battery life if it is advertised in their specs. I do not have a dog in this fight yet
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    We will see if setting 7 can go a full year. We know that leaving the sight on full blast drains the battery faster.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    We know that leaving the sight on full blast drains the battery faster.
    And as far as I remember from Aimpoint presentation, increase is not linear but exponential.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm glad early adopters figure all the $hit out.

I'm just to the point I'd trust / use an RMR, so maybe in a year the Acro / SRO will be prime time ready.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast