Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Why? Contrary to their popularity in the military, the ACOG pales in comparison to a LPVO, especially as it relates to cost.
    Believe it or not, some people actually like or maybe even prefer the RMR-over-ACOG optic setup, so I fail to see what your point even is. If you don't think the P-1 would be better than the RMR for this setup, that's one thing, but I think that plenty of people would appreciate being able to put something above their ACOG (or maybe their 2.5-10 or 3-15) that's got a very similar footprint and weight to the RMR but has a closed emitter, is similarly if not more bombproof, and doesn't require re-zeroing whenever you do a battery change.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    Believe it or not, some people actually like or maybe even prefer the RMR-over-ACOG optic setup, so I fail to see what your point even is. If you don't think the P-1 would be better than the RMR for this setup, that's one thing, but I think that plenty of people would appreciate being able to put something above their ACOG (or maybe their 2.5-10 or 3-15) that's got a very similar footprint and weight to the RMR but has a closed emitter, is similarly if not more bombproof, and doesn't require re-zeroing whenever you do a battery change.
    I was all about that RMR on top of my ACOG life for a short while. It was difficult to properly zero the RMR for the offset. Moving your head so high just to take a few popshots is a fine idea, but it is not great in delivery. An offset RMR or small red dot like the ACRO is a much more useful setup IMO. ACOGs with RMRs on top sure look sweet though

And yes, although not as bomb-prof, quality LPVO's are king over the ACOG. At least speaking in standard 4x TA31's
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    Well that's good, but can you quantify "some people" and build a business case around it? Why would a manufacturer cater to a user group that is probably less than a tenth of a percent, especially when you are asking them to use a competitors product? My original comment still stands, a LPVO offers a significant advantage over a fixed power optic and with the newer mounts that are available, the use of an offset red dot is a solid option, but quite frankly not needed. Also, refer to WW's comments regarding mechanical offset and zeroing.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    And yes, although not as bomb-prof, quality LPVO's are king over the ACOG. At least speaking in standard 4x TA31's
    My comment about "being similarly if not more bombproof" is comparing the ACRO to the RMR, not an ACOG to an LPVO.

I was all about that RMR on top of my ACOG life for a short while. It was difficult to properly zero the RMR for the offset. Moving your head so high just to take a few popshots is a fine idea, but it is not great in delivery.
    Can't say I disagree. I've tried a similar setup and didn't really like it, although the FF3 was mounted even higher than a comparable RMR would have been over an ACOG.

An offset RMR or small red dot like the ACRO is a much more useful setup IMO.
    Tried it with a friend's 4-14x and an offset FF3. It works, but I'm personally just not a fan of having to rotate the whole rifle.

My original comment still stands
    Your original comment was just using LPVOs as a red herring to shit on the idea of using an ACRO in place of the RMR on the common-enough-although-not-en-vogue RMR-over-ACOG setup.

a LPVO offers a significant advantage over a fixed power optic
    You're right, they do. I never said otherwise. They also have their own disadvantages. I've owned ACOGs, LPVOs, and Aimpoints. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Why would a manufacturer cater to a user group that is probably less than a tenth of a percent, especially when you are asking them to use a competitors product?
    When did I say that Trijicon should make such a mount?

Well that's good, but can you quantify "some people" and build a business case around it?
    No, but a third-party manufacturer certainly could build a business case around it by making a mock-up in AutoCAD or even a 3D-printed prototype, posting it on the internet, and seeing if there's enough interest in such a thing to justify actually manufacturing one. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't.

Feedback Score
    My VP9 slide is back from Primary Machine, ACRO P-1 is mounted. Looks good, dot comes up easily in dry fire.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Is anyone making an acro offset mount yet for rifle?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    No, but there is the ACRO to Micro adapter plate which opens up the door to the abundance of offfset mounts already available on the market.

Feedback Score
    i am looking forward to putting the Acro on a handgun, but would still put an H2 on a rifle, even if it weighs a little more. The H2 has such a long battery life I could just leave it on. The Acro battery life is turning out to be an issue it appears.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    B&T makes a tall mount for the Nano, which works with the ACRO as well.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I can confirm the Aimpoint ACRO battery life is hot garbage.

OEM battery (Varta 1225) lasted 05/30-07/06 on setting 7-10 [setting 10 for about 1 week].

Celewell 1225 battery replacement installed on 07/06, intensity is set at setting 8. Will report back.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast