Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around who this optic is geared for, if not for a range hobbyist. It certainly is not a duty optic due to the horrendous battery life. My duty gun sports an RMR, which has the battery left on year round and is changed on my birthday.

Feedback Score
    Before the battery issues became known, I was thinking this would make the rmr obsolete. But now, I may go with the rmr instead.
    For a HD Pistol, I don't see myself changing the battery every month.
    Curious to see if trijicon comes out with and update at shot this year.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Before the battery issues became known, I was thinking this would make the rmr obsolete. But now, I may go with the rmr instead.
    For a HD Pistol, I don't see myself changing the battery every month.
    Curious to see if trijicon comes out with and update at shot this year.
    I thought the exact same. I hate that I have to rezero to change my RMR battery, and I am a big Aimpoint fan. But, this ACRO just seems unusable for any HD/Mil/LE uses. I hope they find a battery fix for it, but I have a feeling Trijicon will have a new RMR out by then with a top load battery....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around who this optic is geared for, if not for a range hobbyist. It certainly is not a duty optic due to the horrendous battery life. My duty gun sports an RMR, which has the battery left on year round and is changed on my birthday.
    Depends on your duty. JSOC guys were changing out batteries for their EOTech before every op, can easily do that here, too. There's literally nothing else on the market that can offer what the ACRO can, so if an enclosed optic is a must, you have zero other options. It's not like 1225s are expensive, I would rather change my battery every other week like I am right now than change my RMR every 6 months; I'm still coming out ahead on cost, due to time and money I have to spend rezeroing an RMR.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-07-20 at 22:43.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I must have a freak ACRO because I’m only on my 2nd battery since April running setting 7-8 all the time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I thought the exact same. I hate that I have to rezero to change my RMR battery, and I am a big Aimpoint fan. But, this ACRO just seems unusable for any HD/Mil/LE uses. I hope they find a battery fix for it, but I have a feeling Trijicon will have a new RMR out by then with a top load battery....
    How badly does the rmr get out of zero? Say at 10 yds?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I must have a freak ACRO because I’m only on my 2nd battery since April running setting 7-8 all the time.
    Because battery life is non-linear, it falls off a cliff when you crank it beyond the nominal setting.

Feedback Score
    My ACRO C-1 is 3rd month constant on on setting 7 (Edited: was "3" for some unknown reason) and still can go up to setting 10, so no any "end of battery" throttling occurs. Yes, I took only 8 days on level 10 constant on with additional 2 days of stepping down, but setting 10 is insanely bright. Changing battery every 3 month if carried on setting 7/8 is not unfeasible. In case of someone switching it off for storage it can probably be every 6 month. I also found that passing touch of brightness panel brings dot back without effort to push on buttons. So it is very easy to fast turn it on while getting gun back from safe (storage in safe is mandatory here and in most of Europe).
    Last edited by montrala; 03-09-20 at 10:21. Reason: stting 7 instead of 3
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Today I checked my ACRO P-1 before heading out the door as per normal SOP. No dot. Hmmm.... was working last night when I put it away. Fairly fresh battery, but maybe it went bad? So I put in another battery, and no dot.

Will buy another CR1225 and try again. If it fails I’d say my ACRO P-1 is dead in less than a year and slightly less than 1K rounds.

Brownell’s may be getting a return.

Update:

Checked new batteries with multimeter, and voltage output is in the normal range. Reinstalled battery and noticed the battery cap went on more smoothly this time and viola the dot is back on as normal.

I suspect I had the cap on slightly crooked and the battery was not evenly contacting the connections. Also noticed the battery cap screwed down quite a bit lower this time. No apparent damage to the sight body or cap. Function is now normal.

I will chalk this up to operator error, my last battery change I used a nickel for the cap. This time I used a screw driver, and got 100% better results.

FYI last battery was still going strong at 6 months of setting 7-8 with occasional range sessions on 9. Still haven’t needed notch 10, but it’s useful to check battery life to make sure it still hits peak brightness.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 02-29-20 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    I was really hoping they would upgrade at shot, adding a shake awake feature. For a HD pistol, that would be ideal.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast