Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    Mine shows up tomorrow from Brownell’s according to my shipping notification.

Have to get the slide on my VP9 milled, so it will be awhile for a range review.

I’ll try to get some photos if I’m home tomorrow when it shows up. Also get some exact measurements of the external dimensions with my reloading calipers.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I used mine this weekend in a kyle defoor class. I have been using red dots for several years now and didn't see any advantages on dot acquisition, but that may be because ive already trained my dot presentation, but the closed emitter definitely came into its own around the misty and muddy conditions.

Feedback Score
    Is it easy to clean off the front and back glass whn it gets dirty? Any downsides to it vs the RMR?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Is it easy to clean off the front and back glass whn it gets dirty? Any downsides to it vs the RMR?
    None that I can see. Its almost identical in size, footprint, and weight. The big takeaway for me from the weekend was there was no starburst effect when the the acro screen got wet. it still presented a perfect dot, unlike an RMR if the emitter gets wet and your get massive dot dispersion. I could see the acro also being a very popular offset rifle sight or even a primary red dot sight on a LW SBR or PDW.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I used mine this weekend in a kyle defoor class. I have been using red dots for several years now and didn't see any advantages on dot acquisition, but that may be because ive already trained my dot presentation, but the closed emitter definitely came into its own around the misty and muddy conditions.
    Baller.

Shot callah
    20” blades onnaimpala

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 04-30-19 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    It’s even in his name....

No luck for me today, called in to work early in the AM and still no delivery notification.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    It’s even in his name....

No luck for me today, called in to work early in the AM and still no delivery notification.
    Noted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Aaron Cowan's review of the Acro P-1.

Looks like Aimpoint hasn't quite perfected it, yet.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This Acro looks like a winner. The Trijicon MRO, and now the SRO, are really getting popular, so it is good to see Aimpoint in the game. I would like to have either.

However, the price of these mini red dots is holding me back from jumping in. On a handgun, at handgun ranges, the current price isn't worth the improved performance that a mini red dot provides. However, if these get down around $200, I will buy one.

That's my two cents.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Aaron Cowan's review of the Acro P-1.

Looks like Aimpoint hasn't quite perfected it, yet.
    I did not hear a whole lot of negative in the review. Yes he cracked the front, but it held zero and never fogged due to the crack. This review actually made me more interested in the acro, now I need to see if it plays nicer with my astigmatism than the RMR's.

Aaron is my go-to handgun red dot expert though, I will be interested to see if he has any issues that change his mind in the next several thousand rounds.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast