Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    The protective lens did its job and the optic continued to work, so looks pretty decent to me.

In other news my ACRO has been lost by the US Postal Service. Assuming Brownell’s ever had it, shows as a pre-order now.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I did not hear a whole lot of negative in the review. Yes he cracked the front, but it held zero and never fogged due to the crack. This review actually made me more interested in the acro, now I need to see if it plays nicer with my astigmatism than the RMR's.

Aaron is my go-to handgun red dot expert though, I will be interested to see if he has any issues that change his mind in the next several thousand rounds.
    I was thinking the same thing, not a lot fail from what I saw.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I got an H1 instead of a T1 years ago.
    I will probably be getting the C1 instead of the P1 if there is a similar savings.
    The review sold me.
    The flush front glass makes it easire to clean off mud, dirt, etc.. But it would be better protected if recess a bit.
    Make a note not to drop it more than once.

https://www.aimpoint.us/product/aimpoint-acro-c-1/
    Last edited by Pi3; 05-01-19 at 12:29.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    Dude... end-users ultimately test them.

Now we are completely off the rails.

Comparing what happened with the EoTurds is a completely separate issue. We had 2 out of 25 or so EoTechs experience a drifting zero in extreme heat (thermal drift). Then, when we tried to correct, they would not move, so we’d keep adjusting, before they would all of a sudden whip past the intended zero because they got too many clicks.
    I had this happen with a new logo EXPS3 (bought during that huge sale + EOtech rebate a few years back) I was zeroing last weekend. Kinda pissed me off. 30 yards out I'd give it a couple clicks, no impact shift, give it another click, then I'd be nowhere near.. hell I shot a tighter group when confirming my buis. it's dialed in now, and I won't be touching it (the clicks on the elevation dial are mushy dog SHIT), but good to know it's not just mine.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Didn't see anything revolutionary in Aaron's review that would have me immediately buying the ACRO over my RMR. I really like the external battery changes, but that's about it.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I'm thinking hard about finally jumping into the handgun RDS game. I'm leaning heavily towards the proven, vetted design of the RMR. The ACRO will be a solid optic, no doubt, but I think it needs to go through at least another iteration before it's refined and good to go. Now I just need to decide on the host pistol..... Hmmm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Didn't see anything revolutionary in Aaron's review that would have me immediately buying the ACRO over my RMR. I really like the external battery changes, but that's about it.
    The Acro’s sealed emitter is a game changer for those that work, live or recreate around heavy rain or snow. One particularly rainy summer a few years ago in Alaska made me realize an open emitter was unsuitable for my lifestyle, as an errant drop on RMR and DP Pro split the dot into many dots and made both the dot and my BUIS unusable.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Acro’s sealed emitter is a game changer for those that work, live or recreate around heavy rain or snow. One particularly rainy summer a few years ago in Alaska made me realize an open emitter was unsuitable for my lifestyle, as an errant drop on RMR and DP Pro split the dot into many dots and made both the dot and my BUIS unusable.
    Good point, GJM. Were you able to shake the water off, or, did you have to dry it off to get to work properly?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Except Holosun also has a sealed emitter pistol sight so the Acro is not the only game changer out there.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Except Holosun also has a sealed emitter pistol sight so the Acro is not the only game changer out there.
    Except it’s a fvcking Holosun

Sooooooooooo it’s not game changing jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast