Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, sealed emitter pistol sights are the future and I believe that most of the top tier open emitter ones will gradually fade away.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Except Holosun also has a sealed emitter pistol sight so the Acro is not the only game changer out there.
    Stop it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    IMHO, sealed emitter pistol sights are the future and I believe that most of the top tier open emitter ones will gradually fade away.
    Let me ask question... With a sealed emitter.. What does that change if a drop of water lands on what is basically a lens covering the emitter?? What am I missing?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It’s like you guys don’t have a clue what RainX or Cat Crap is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    It’s like you guys don’t have a clue what RainX or Cat Crap is

Trying to figure out how either of those help with water/mud/snow/dirt on the emitter...?
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    So USPS managed to find my ACRO P-1 and deliver it today, and I was actually home so I will give my initial impressions. They are not worth much seeing as how this is not a range review, I'm not Chuck Pressburg, and it's not even mounted to a pistol yet. That will not stop me from polluting the internet with my barely informed observations.

First off the sight comes in a nondescript white cardboard box. Very exciting. People who like swag and fancy packaging will be very disappointed. I could care less. The sight comes with a battery and an Aimpoint tool, the tool will do everything but tighten the hex nut responsible for securing the sight to the mount. There's probably an appropriate sized hex key in the box, but I didn't look because I already have plenty of them. You get a simple laminated instruction manual, it's pretty strait forward this is not rocket science it's a red dot sight.

Since I have calipers I decided to take some measurements of the optic body. According to my calipers the length is 1.861", total width including mounting screw and battery cap is 1.170" although the width of the main body and mounting area is only 1.110", highest overall height is 1.184".

For comparison my Trijicon RMR RM01 is 1.782" in length, and 1.102" in width on the same calipers. So effectively the same foot print on the gun.

Feedback Score
    The ACRO P-1 seems to be well made, and I do appreciate the ease with which the battery can be changed and the lenses cleaned. I will make a minor complaint that it looks like Aimpoint was very generous with the adhesive they use on their lenses and you can see some overrun on the protective window and front internal lens looking in from outside, but none of it obscures the sight picture. At least I know damn well that the lenses are very solidly cemented in place.

Also compared the my old Trijicon RMR RM01 the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 is optically much better. Unlike the RMR the ACRO does not have any noticeable fisheye of the image at the edges of the field of view, this makes it easier for me to find the target when transitioning between targets. I very unscientifically duct taped both sights to the top of my VP9 slide and did some presentations and the optical superiority of the Aimpoint makes it easier for me to use near the edges of the window to get an acceptable sight picture. In other words for me more of the window is more easily useable for shooting, at least it appears that way. This Aimpoint would make a perfectly acceptable carbine optic given how nice the glass is, I can't say the same for any RMR I have ever looked through including the one I own.

The dot in both is crisp for me and the difference in color is a non issue, the RMR is amber in color and the ACRO is red. If I had to give an edge to either in dot crispness the ACRO would get the nod but not by much. Both are totally fine.

The adjustments on the ACRO as mentioned by Aaron Cowan in his initial review are not terribly well defined clicks, maybe Trijicon has stepped up their game since my RMR RM01 was made but the adjustments on it are also not well defined. Both of them are pretty much a bunch of mush with a barely discernible click if you go slow and take your time.

I attempted to capture the image through both the RMR and the ACRO P-1 and as usual when trying to photograph optics the results were decidedly underwhelming. I will post them anyway.

First the ACRO P-1, notice that even for the camera the picture quality through the sight is better:

I tried quite a few times to get a better photo through the RM01 but the damn lens on the sight defeated all efforts to render a decent photo:

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Trying to figure out how either of those help with water/mud/snow/dirt on the emitter...?
    Seriously?

Just stick with irons then dude

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Seriously?

Just stick with irons then dude

Knock it off. Seriously.

Feedback Score
    Where are people buying theirs from? I’ve looked at Brownells, MidwayUSA, Euro Optic, Big Daddy Unlimited, Optics Planet and can’t find it in stock anywhere.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast