Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    I would have thought Aimpoint would have been aware of the battery issue before putting it on the market.
    I might get an MOS now instead of having it milled in case something better comes along in a couple of years.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I would have thought Aimpoint would have been aware of the battery issue before putting it on the market.
    What issue?

Seriously, look at the specs on the battery. I don't know why people are so surprised at the battery life; if an RMR or T-2 was running a battery with the same capacity as the 1225, it would be about the same run time. An RMR at maximum brightness lasts 25 days according to Trijicon, and the 2032 has about 5 times the capacity of a 1225.

I'm having to change my RMR battery every 6 months as it is, having the change the ACRO battery every month or even 2 weeks is still going to be cheaper for me, versus having to reconfirm zero after every battery change on the RMR.

Read the spec sheets, people.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-06-19 at 11:28.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    What issue?

Seriously, look at the specs on the battery. I don't know why people are so surprised at the battery life; if an RMR or T-2 was running a battery with the same capacity as the 1225, it would be about the same run time. An RMR at maximum brightness lasts 25 days according to Trijicon, and the 2032 has about 5 times the capacity of a 1225.

I'm having to change my RMR battery every 6 months as it is, having the change the ACRO battery every month or even 2 weeks is still going to be cheaper for me, versus having to reconfirm zero after every battery change on the RMR.

Read the spec sheets, people.
    Because it was advertised to be 1 year battery life on setting 7 of 10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Because it was advertised to be 1 year battery life on setting 7 of 10.
    And? Is it not meeting that spec?

Battery life is not linear with brightness, it's exponential. For example, the Trijicon RMR FAQ says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trijicon
    The RM06 and RM07 battery should last four years of continual use at brightness setting #4. When left on at the brightest setting (brightness setting #8), the battery should last around 25 days.
    The T-2 has a 5 year battery life at setting 8; setting 8/12 on a T-2 isn't daylight usable, and is almost certainly analogous as setting 7/10 on an ACRO... and right about 5 times longer than the ACRO. 10 months for position 10/12 for the T-2, so at 9/10 lasting about 2 months on the ACRO would be a reasonable extrapolation.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-06-19 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    And? Is it not meeting that spec?

Battery life is not linear with brightness, it's exponential. For example, the Trijicon RMR FAQ says:

The T-2 has a 5 year battery life at setting 8; setting 8/12 on a T-2 isn't daylight usable, and is almost certainly analogous as setting 7/10 on an ACRO... and right about 5 times longer than the ACRO. 10 months for position 10/12 for the T-2, so at 9/10 lasting about 2 months on the ACRO would be a reasonable extrapolation.
    No, it did not meet that claim.

Feedback Score
    No, it did not meet that claim.
    I'm confused then, based off of your post.

OEM battery (Varta 1225) lasted 05/30-07/06 on setting 7-10 [setting 10 for about 1 week].
    So, are you saying that it only lasted about one month, while left only on setting 7? Or did you use other settings? Seems like to me your post says that you used it at setting 10 for about a week, which is probably pretty close to the total battery life of the ACRO at max brightness (others have said they get <10 days at maximum brightness), so another three-ish weeks seems pretty reasonable given how much juice that week probably used up.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm confused then, based off of your post.

So, are you saying that it only lasted about one month, while left only on setting 7? Or did you use other settings? Seems like to me your post says that you used it at setting 10 for about a week, which is probably pretty close to the total battery life of the ACRO at max brightness (others have said they get <10 days at maximum brightness), so another three-ish weeks seems pretty reasonable given how much juice that week probably used up.
    It lasted one month on setting 7 to include: a few hours of setting 2-3 under nods and was left on setting 10 for about a week (roughly 5 days).

In the previous two weeks, the dot was very dim and at a recent outdoor pistol steel shoot last Saturday, I attempted to crank the dot up to see it in daylight but it was barely going to a similar intensity of about 5-6.

Performance of this ACRO is horrendous so far, I’m trying a different battery to ensure this data point isn’t an outlier if Aimpoint included a bad battery. I’ll keep it on setting 8 because it’s the only useable setting to see at high noon or under 800 lumen white light illumination.

Feedback Score
    It lasted one month on setting 7 to include: a few hours of setting 2-3 under nods and was left on setting 10 for about a week (roughly 5 days).

In the previous two weeks, the dot was very dim and at a recent outdoor pistol steel shoot last Saturday, I attempted to crank the dot up to see it in daylight but it was barely going to a similar intensity of about 5-6.

Performance of this ACRO is horrendous so far, I’m trying a different battery to ensure this data point isn’t an outlier if Aimpoint included a bad battery. I’ll keep it on setting 8 because it’s the only useable setting to see at high noon or under 800 lumen white light illumination.
    Yeah, that week on setting 10 almost certainly burned through the vast majority of the battery life, so I would not interpret it as not meeting the spec of 1 year at setting 7. Given your usage pattern on the last battery, I'm almost certain that the battery life you got was totally in line with what's to be expected, and not a bad battery.

I plan on leaving my ACRO on setting 9/10 (my slide is still being cut), and changing the batteries every month if possible, every two weeks if not.

I want to stress: the 1225 battery is the limiting factor here. Given today's state of electronics, the battery life exhibited is almost certainly right in line with what you would see with a T-2 or RMR with a battery of the same capacity.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-06-19 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Can’t even milk a month on a battery? That’s absolutely pathetic. Hard pass on this garbage.

Feedback Score
    Mine has been running on setting 7 since I got it in April. No issues so far, and it takes virtually no effort to change a battery and they’re cheap. I can pick up the dot in broad daylight at setting 7, as well as when using a Surefire X300U. I have no doubt setting 9 or 10 will quickly kill a battery, I am confused as to what bizzarro world would require setting 10. You doing some shooting on the face of the sun?

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast