Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Usually setting 7 or 8.

At night or when not in use I will turn it down.

I also replaced it 2 weeks ago, still had setting 10 but it was not 100% output compared to a fresh battery. So I got 5.5 months out of it. Ideal? No. Acceptable for me? Yes. I have to put fresh batteries in the weapon light way more frequently than that to trust it 100%, so with that in mind needing to put in a fresh battery for the Aimpoint isn’t a deal breaker for me. Already have the next one scheduled in my iPhone calendar.

Thanks for the reply. 5.5 months is indeed acceptable (to me) and, FWIW, quite a bit more than reports I've been reading in a thread on pistol forum, which were more like a month. Even changing out the battery once a month is not the end of the world, though disappointing.

My Acro just came in today, from G&R tactical they've been out of stock most places for awhile and apparently Aimpoint was tweaking some things, not sure if battery was part of that (Larry Vickers had a post somewhere saying Aimpoint has addressed the battery problems, but I haven't seen any such comments from Aimpoint directly). I have not mounted it on a gun yet, just playing around with it in my hands setting 7 seems fairly bright however it was overcast today, I will be curious to get it out in sunlight.
    Last edited by lebowski; 10-09-19 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    Setting 8 is what I usually need on a bright day.

If Aimpoint comes out with a solution to the battery I’ll send it in for an upgrade. It’s too bad a CR1232 doesn’t exist, a 12mm diameter battery with a 3.2mm case height would add a useful amount of mAh with nothing more than a battery cap redesign. Sadly no CR1232 exists.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    Default, who did your ACRO mounting plate?
    Mark Housel of L&M Precision. He's very responsive via email, IME, which seems to be a real rarity in the business.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just got mine in finally. I'll be leaving the battery on and we'll see how it does.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post

Just got mine in finally. I'll be leaving the battery on and we'll see how it does.
    As I recall, from my testing over the summer, with a fresh Renata battery, it went 8 days on high intensity, two weeks down one click, and a month down two clicks. I didn’t test down three.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    a fresh Renata battery, it went 8 days on high intensity, two weeks down one click, and a month down two clicks.
    Basically:
    190h - setting 10
    336h - setting 9
    720h - setting 8

I will be doing some testing in new "civi" ACRO C-1 and will see if this meets same times (C-1 has 2 NV and 8 day settings).
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have Gen 1 and Gen 2 Acros and the Gen 2 seem to have more blue tint to the lens, so that is probably how they are hoping to increase battery life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    I will be doing some testing in new "civi" ACRO C-1 and will see if this meets same times (C-1 has 2 NV and 8 day settings).
    So far, with fresh Renata battery ACRO C-1 went around 220-240h (10 days) on setting 10 (I did not catch exact moment) and went down to setting 9. Will see how long it stays there. When this battery will go dead or go below usable I will test constant on for setting 8, that seems to be good for every condition.

But for those that absolutely need setting 10 24/7 it seems that changing battery every 7 days is best choice.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    I know some folks have complained about the battery caps being kinda finicky to take on and off, due to the softness of the aluminum. Something I found out recently was that the Aimpoint Micro tool's elevation/windage adjustment part (the two little plastic nubs) fits beautifully in the screwdriver slots, and since it's plastic, doesn't gouge the metal.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Yep. That’s how I take the cap on mine off or put it back on.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast