Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    Coming over to the dark side eh brother, welcome aboard now if we could only get AP to release this before/NLT the *rumored* Oct. timeframe.
    Pretty much. I'll shoot it at the spring First Responder class, and maybe try and squeeze in a Modern Samurai RDS class as well.

But this fall is pretty full - I'll be seeing you at the Givens classes in your neck of the woods, then doing Tom's Shotgun Instructor class in Florida.

Plus two others, and the shotty class with Wayne and Darryl. I think I have one free weekend, besides Thanksgiving.

No rest for the wicked - sigh.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Pretty much. I'll shoot it at the spring First Responder class, and maybe try and squeeze in a Modern Samurai RDS class as well.

But this fall is pretty full - I'll be seeing you at the Givens classes in your neck of the woods, then doing Tom's Shotgun Instructor class in Florida.

Plus two others, and the shotty class with Wayne and Darryl. I think I have one free weekend, besides Thanksgiving.

No rest for the wicked - sigh.
    Re. Tom’s class, ping me the week of to remind me you’re coming, is it here in Lview or in Tyler?

Re. a Scott class, had my 1st w/ him in May, going to catch him again in Oct. @ Cresson then I’ll see you @ SG w/ Cassanova & 5th gen.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    It's the Longview class.

Feedback Score
    Any word on availability?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    My understanding is sometime after SHOT or possibly the NRA show. That's scuttlebutt, not confirmed.

I have shot a G34 equipped with an Aimpoint P1, and my old eyes loved it.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking at placing one on a gen5 glock. G34 is only available in mos. Is there any advantage to have a G17 milled instead of placing it on a G34 mos? Would milling provide Lower mount with lower irons perhaps?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    At shot show 2019. Not quite ready for prime time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78jCaIF1OMI

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yup, I saw that clip. I think the plan to get the mounting system dialed in makes sense. I have a bunch of Aimpoints, and having a universal tool would be nice.

Plus, when you think about the .mil and .gov market, it makes enormous sense.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    One thing I keep looking at from as many angles that I can is the BUIS situation with this sight.

With the large window running down it looks like you could run any set of sights you wanted to. Versus investing in a set of suppressor height or MOS suppressor height sights.

Which will, in turn, let it run with most holsters where some have issues with non normal height sights.
    Last edited by one; 01-24-19 at 21:22. Reason: Misspelling

Feedback Score
    Do you think normal sights will work when this is mounted on and MOS? Or will there be an advantage to getting it a little lower by milling a glock instead? it looks like the bottom of the acro is flush with the top of the MOS slide. But regualar irons may be too low to see. it looks like the bottom of the glass is just about even with the top of the sights.

https://www.tactical-life.com/gear/o...red-dot-sight/

http://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial...ro-p-1/247541#
    Last edited by Pi3; 01-24-19 at 21:57.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast