Thread: SPR MK12 Mod 1 in 308/6.5

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SPR MK12 Mod 1 in 308/6.5

Kinda was inspired by some photos and like the SPR looks, and want to make a clone but in maybe 6.5 Creedmoor. I was wondering if you guys can help identify what Knights Armament Rail part number is used on this particular rifle that someone had previously done in .308? He mentioned in a thread from "that" forum the rail came from an early SR25 MK11 rifle. If you look closely it doesn't have the cut out for the front sight. Any ideas to which RAS and the part number? Below are some links to the rifle that has me wanting to make my own version

https://i.imgur.com/MOaGL8X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6HMDSCc.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I’ll try to find the part number for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you tried contacting the owner? Good luck with the search.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    SPR MK12 MOD 1 is a 5.56, a 7.62 like pictured would be a MK11 MOD 0 except that one is set up for a OP's suppressor instead of KAC can. A RAS for one of these is going to be pretty hard to find, a few years ago there were some complete rifles for sale that KAC took as trade in's but they are very collectible since they were used in the GWOT. The USMC was upgrading their MK11's by swapping uppers with new M110K1 uppers but unfortunately the take offs have not been released. Good luck on your search.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for all the responses.

@alpine2k3 Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it, please let me know what you find out. From reading through the pages on that other site. The poster said that the rail is from a late 90's early 2000's sr25 mk11. I hope that time frame can help.

@mack7.62 I know mk12 mod 1 is 5.56, like I said above it is supposed to be an "inspired clone."
    It is not meant to be anything other than an exercise in building something, more of a functional art/ homage/ range toy. Nothing to be anything serious.

@WTF?shane I don't have access to the other forum to post. I just peruse through and look at the pretty pictures every once in a while.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This appears to be the handguard you're looking for:

http://www.operationparts.com/kac-kn...-0-ras-12-1-4/

Looks like they have 1 in stock. $510 is a lot to pay for a handguard. Unless you are actually trying to clone a Mk11 you might consider a similar length quad rail from another manufacturer, though most have discontinued AR10 quad rails so you may have to look for old stock online.

Heck, if you just want a 308 "SPR" and are ok with the Mk12 Mod 0 take a look at the PRI Carbon Fiber forends. They are cheaper than that Knights Mk11 RAS:

https://www.precisionreflex.com/Products.aspx?CAT=10179

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    @tx_aggie Thanks and I appreciate the reply however, in the original post I stated that the rail you have suggested was eliminated. If you look closely at the pictures, the back up iron sights are actually mounted to rail. There is no cut out like the KAC rail you suggested. It was said that the rail was from an early 2000's.

I am pretty dead set to the mod 1 type build.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggletooth View Post
    @tx_aggie Thanks and I appreciate the reply however, in the original post I stated that the rail you have suggested was eliminated. If you look closely at the pictures, the back up iron sights are actually mounted to rail. There is no cut out like the KAC rail you suggested. It was said that the rail was from an early 2000's.

I am pretty dead set to the mod 1 type build.
    My mistake. I'll let you know if I see a Mod 1 rail pop up somewhere.