Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&A Parts reproduction N1 stocks, anybody have experience ??

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

M&A Parts reproduction N1 stocks, anybody have experience ??

After searching the internet for genuine Colt N1 stocks, I've only managed to find 2 places that sell the real deal, albeit at exorbitant prices. After searching the net, I found M&A Parts. https://www.mapartsinc.com/shop/details.asp?id=1592 They sell a reproduction N1 stock that appears to more accurately follow the mold/lines of the originals. Before I spend money on these, I was hoping for some feedback from you guys in regards to the quality.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a couple of them, and will probably buy more. They seem perfectly adequate.
    I have an N1 stock as well but to be perfectly honest have never sat down and compared it side by side to the M&A Parts stock, but they seem pretty darn close.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can you imagine how many of those N1 stock were tossed out by Police Departments or are sitting in dust coated bins somewhere in the back of the Armory?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I have a couple of them, and will probably buy more. They seem perfectly adequate.
    I have an N1 stock as well but to be perfectly honest have never sat down and compared it side by side to the M&A Parts stock, but they seem pretty darn close.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I figure at $25 each I couldn't lose, as long as it is better quality than the cheap Chinese knock off stuff flooding the market. How does it fit your buffer tube? Does it lock up decently, or does it fit loosely with a wobbly latch?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Can you imagine how many of those N1 stock were tossed out by Police Departments or are sitting in dust coated bins somewhere in the back of the Armory?
    They are easily my favorite stock. I like the compact design, and lack of a sling loop to get caught on things. Currently I have a cheap Tacfire repro, but I'm looking for something more robust/authentic looking. I remember when you could find them at any given gun show for $5 a piece! I'm hoping for the day I find one sitting on the shelf in the back of somebody's supply cage, but until then...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah, I've actually been lucky snagging 2x N1 stocks(not marked N;early 90's) with 2-pos buffer tubes for a good price. I live by Crane NSWC and get my hands on some pretty neat stuff from time to time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I figure at $25 each I couldn't lose, as long as it is better quality than the cheap Chinese knock off stuff flooding the market. How does it fit your buffer tube? Does it lock up decently, or does it fit loosely with a wobbly latch?
    I have the M&A stocks on a couple Retros and the N1 on an LE trade-in Colt 6520 ( I took the "waffle" stock it came with off and put the N1 on, I don't care for the waffle), again I haven't done a real in depth comparison between the two and don't have the guns in front of me at the moment but I'd say both stocks fit pretty much equally well. You're always going to get a bit of movement with a CAR stock.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Thanks everybody for the input. I went ahead and ordered one. I'll try and take some decent photos and post them up if I can. There is only so much I can do with my cell phone camera.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have one. For $25 they are decent. The fit on the RE is a tiny bit loose though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only issue with the one I bought was the latch pin wasn't adjusted properly, the stock could come off during adjustment but was an easy fix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast