G&R Tactical

Thread: Buffer and Spring grab bag ident

Feedback Score

Question Buffer and Spring grab bag ident

Im usually pretty good about marking stuff as I replace parts, but Springs are tough to bag. Im trying to assemble a lower with just parts that I have sitting around. I thought Id be able to ident these, but some seem off?

0329A495-F7CA-411B-A928-FBA2DB9BD1FD.jpg

UBR gen 1 and ruler for scale.

-Two rifle buffers
    ?Unmarked intermediate buffer
    -H carbine buffer In the middle, the Buffer (unmarked) and spring I guess are standard carbine buffer and spring.
    ?Rifle spring
    ?Spring1
    ?Spring (longest)
    -Carbine 5 pos tube

I have a LMT-MWS that I swapped from a SOPMOD to a PRS with Slashes heavy buffer. Usual collection of AR15 carbine and rifle stocks around.

Is that intermediate buffer from the AR10 SOPMOD? What are the two long springs? Spares from a JP low mass setup I have?

Just going through my gun closet trying to organize. Spare Garand clips and some gas system tool, LPKs in bubble wrap of unknown provenience, and for some reason I horde gun lock cables.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    I was really thinking that someone would geek out on coil count and spring length with a healthy dissertation, but no one sprung at the chance.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    and for some reason I horde gun lock cables.
    LOL, me too. Cable locks, A2 grips, GI stocks, and non-ambi safeties.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesnt turn around you, so its important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference. - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68