Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Shield 8 Round Mag Spacers. Don't remove them. They prevent over insertion!

Feedback Score
    For my M&P45c, I got two full-size 45 ten-round mags and two 10-8 extended floorplates. I had my local ‘smith shorten the front ‘pillar’ on the 10-8 floorplates to fit the compact frame; they work fantastic and are all one metal piece that will never fatigue or fall off.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Never understood why Smith made the 8rd this way. It’s a freaking proprietary magazine. Why does it need a spacer? Just put a solid baseplate on there. Retarded. Glue or replace.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Talon grips sells tape that is cut for this issue. It will keep the base plate and spacer taped together. Works pretty well if you follow the directions to apply.

https://talongungrips.com/grips/smit...-p-shield.html

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dlquinn71; 06-10-18 at 19:36.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I just applied some to my shield. I’ll have to do the mags too. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlquinn71 View Post
    Talon grips sells tape that is cut for this issue. It will keep the base plate and spacer taped together. Works pretty well if you follow the directions to apply.

[url]https://talongungrips.com/grips/smith-and-wesson/extended-mag-grip-m-and-p-shiel

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Awesome. Thanks. That's a better option. I was looking at my kids hockey tape!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. I think I’m going to try gluing mine.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I never had an issue with my spacers. I agree that SW should have designed a better system.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is a new option. Install the magwell and get rid of the spacer on the magazine.

https://www.samson-mfg.com/compact-magwell-natural.html

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12