Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC sights, optics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I can’t see in the first pic, are you running an aimpoint?

I have an aim point flat to the top rail and I’m hoping to co witness through the XX sites
    Sorry. My photo skills aren’t great and I’m posting from an iPhone. I initially tried an aimpoint PRO in a low mount. It worked ok and you could co witness with the cz sights. If i was running the short version I’d get an aimpoint micro in a low mount and call it good. The 16” version has enough accuracy potential i wanted more. So I’ve now replaced it with an NX8 in .885” ultralight rings. And the cz sights have been ditched for KAC micro offset sights. It’s as close to perfect, if spendy, that I can come up with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    A small update. I ran the rifle with a few boxes, 100 rounds, of 64 gr Speer gold dot. And did not have any feeding issues. That said, I run lancer awm magazines. And haven’t tried the Pmags. I didn’t have a ton of it to test. So after two full mags, I loaded 8 rounds in the bottom of the mag, followed by some IMI 62gr, with two gold dots on top. Most issues I’ve read had the problems toward the bottom of the mag or the initial feed. While not a definitive test, it made me more comfortable. I shot for groups last weekend, and after my initial 3/4” 3rnd group at 200 it opened up to 1.5-2.5” groups using imi 62 gr. Not bad at all! I consider the first group to be pure luck not a reflection of my consistent abilities btw. But very promising. Last thing, I pulled the KAC offsets off the rifle. They hook on everything! So for the mean time, unless I find something purpose built for this gun. I’m just leaving the NX8 with no backup.

I my one warning is that B&T guns seem addictive. I love this rifle and am already trying to justify the short APC223 and an APC45 as an accessory to my rugged obsidian.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. I like my Lancer mags. Let us know about Gen 3 PMAGs in your rifle when you get a chance.

Did you try Troy micros for iron sights?

Any other issues?

Feedback Score
    No other issues. It runs great and shoots like a laser beam. I will try the Pmags. Need to order more gold dots.

I didn’t try the Troy micros. To get the right cheek weld, I mounted the NX8 in .885 rings. They aren’t QD. So it needs 45 degree offsets. I tried magpul pro offsets. And the KAC. The snob in me wanted to like the KAC. But the magpul were probably better. Both snagged everything. The magpul snagged a little less. Neither really work. When I get another APC To SBR, I’ll put an Aimpoint Micro on it. And low back ups.

If I bought the cheek riser, it would get me up high enough to use any sights. Probably hk diopters. Or Troy micros.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    Has anyone found a good set of iron sights that work for the B&T apc line? I picked up my 16” APC223 on Friday and swapped the trigger for the shooting sight apc trigger, took off the flash hider for the pending arrival of a surefire FH and added the B&T folding skeleton stock.

The folding magpul sights that come with it, are way too tall to get a cheek weld. It shoulders more like a nice over/under than an AR. Which is sweet! Actually, the little plastic notch sights molded into the folded sight are the perfect height. Was thinking that maybe a set of HK416 irons might work well. The drum rear and fixed front would be pretty slick. Or Troy micros for folding. Anyone tried?

I’ve played with an aimpoint Comp M3 in a an old low mount and a Steiner P4xi in a ADM recon SL to see if they work. Both could stand to be lower. If I keep the Steiner for now will probably get separate rings to bring it down to about 1” optical center. Could even go ~.94 like the ARC M10 low.

Thoughts?
    How are you liking the Shooting Sight apc trigger so far? Is it pretty close to the Geissele SSA?
    Last edited by bmg; 08-08-18 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    I like it! It’s very similar to the ssa-e’s that i have in several AR’s. The break isn’t quite as clean. But it’s hard to tell I sat there dry firing a LMT MRP with an ssa-E and was hard pressed to feel a difference. My next B&T i will buy the geiselle APC trigger to compare. I would have gone geiselle do to blind faith. But couldn’t find it in stock.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wonder how well these would work?

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/4...IOPTER-p87.htm

Feedback Score
    Those would be better than standard ar height. It depends on the stock. I think I read that the HK416 sights are at 1.27 optical center. May have been 1.17? My NX8 is at .855” and perfect.

If you add the B&T cheek riser. It would work. I just like the clean lines without the riser.

Feedback Score
    Any more updates wolffie? Any suppressed use?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Any more updates wolffie? Any suppressed use?
    Not many updates. I’m sitting here rocking a 3 day old newborn as I type this. So range time is severely limited for a while. I bought a case of 64gr gold dots waiting for the Pmag trials. I’ve not found anything that really works for backnup sights. I wish B&T would come up with something better. That said, i think it’s really designed with an aimpoint in mind, and the stock sights have rudimentary fixed sights built in to the flip ups that would work in a pinch. Using the cheek riser would fix most of the problems I’ve had finding something. I’m just stubborn on wanting the simple clean lines. When I get a short one to SBR, I will just put a T2 in a low mount and call it good.

Most of my shooting had been suppressed with a surefire RC 556. It’s been great. Very comfortable to shoot. Sold me on piston guns for shooting suppressed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast