Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dems pushing gun licensing & registration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Dems pushing gun licensing & registration

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-house-senate/

Democrats in the House and Senate are pushing firearm licensing and registration requirements.
    The push is contained in legislation titled, “Blair Holt Firearm Owner Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2018.” It is being sponsored by Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL) and Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL).

The text of the legislation says, “To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.” The phrase “certain firearms” refers to “a handgun; or a semiautomatic rifle that is capable of accepting a detachable ammunition feeding device.”

The legislation defines and “ammunition feeding device” as a device “capable of being detached from a semiautomatic rifle; and has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition.”

In order to legally possess semiautomatic handguns or rifles a citizen would have to possess a “firearm owner license” or a “state firearm license.”
    My take: they will never ever, ever, ever, EVER give up. So we can't either. Let's stop fighting defensive battles. We need to push for repeal of some of the laws already on the books: NFA, GCA '68, section 922(r).....
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-11-18 at 13:54.

Feedback Score
    So Tammy, you want Illinois FOID laws national? How many kids are you going to kill with your plan that takes the failed gun control scheme that gave us Chicago's near genocidal rates of black murders to the national level? Why do you continue to foist the failed policies that lead to more dead kids rather than do something that would actually save lives? Is your virtue signaling to your peers more important than actually stopping violence---

--- was never said by any MSM reporter or interviewer.

The blood is on their hands, and all over the checks they get from Soros.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    So Tammy, you want Illinois FOID laws national?
    Exactly. It's an amazing success in Chicago. This silly shit won't go anywhere.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Exactly. It's an amazing success in Chicago. This silly shit won't go anywhere.
    Not nationally, but it'll definitely continue to make traction at the state level.

Here in Colofornia...I'm fully expecting all these progressive "solutions" and more to be rammed up our asses by the end of the '19 legislative session.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    That's because it's not about crime control; it's about PEOPLE control. We can't have an armed citizenry that might revolt if we screw them too badly.
    You can take a non Big Conspiracy tact with people and say that it ins't about overthrowing and rounding us all up for FEMA camps (though it probably is ), it is that these actions:

-Don't affect anyone they know (they think)
    -Don't cost nothing, as long as they don't have to cut any program or wreck their budget- it's all good.
    -Let's them do 'something' and virtue signaling.

When Progressives do something to stop gun violence that actually impacts, inconveniences them or costs them money- that is when I'll believe they are real. Look at the bitch they pitched when the clear backpacks was the price they were asked to pay in light of 17 of their friends being murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Maybe we should hurry up and revolt before they finish screwing us than.

Oh, better add the disclaimer...
    I in no way advocate the overthrow of the US government.
    Restore... I don't overthrow 65 Mustangs, I restore them. Restore. Sucking the useless fat cells out isn't overthrowing your figure, it is restoring it... Restore.

You are way off baseline....

I really think that should be the NRAs response the next public debate. Go through all the things they want us to give up, and ask them what are they willing to give up? And I want to bitch slap every gun grabber that says that they own guns. I have a black friend, still doesn't immunize me from being called a racist.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Our rights will always be under assault. The only way to stop that is to remove from the planet those who whish to deprive us of our rights. Short of that, the fight will never end.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Restore... I don't overthrow 65 Mustangs, I restore them. Restore. Sucking the useless fat cells out isn't overthrowing your figure, it is restoring it... Restore.

You are way off baseline....
    That's fair, my terminology was poorly chosen.

Although, regardless of the philosophical differences between the concept of a restoration and an overthrow, the people on the receiving end, the media, and academia are aredoubtedly going to spin it as the latter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You know this is getting to the point of being sickening to me.
    I can't believe that no matter how much evidence to the contrary is delivered, the Left still pushes disarmament.
    I'm wondering how many men with guns guard Soros, Clinton and Pelosi and why are there lives more valuable than the average Citizens?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I can't believe that no matter how much evidence to the contrary is delivered, the Left still pushes disarmament.
    That's because it's not about crime control; it's about PEOPLE control. We can't have an armed citizenry that might revolt if we screw them too badly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe we should hurry up and revolt before they finish screwing us than.

Oh, better add the disclaimer...
    I in no way advocate the overthrow of the US government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast