G&R Tactical
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: X Carry users - lets hear it!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    X Carry users - lets hear it!

    Hi all - looking for some opinions on the SIG 320 X Carry.

    I spent a lot of time at the NRA show seeking out a new carry gun and the one that I felt fitted me best was the X Carry. I like to keep my carry guns as stock as possible. Felt very natural to me in the hand and pointed well. It had excellent build quality and a superb stock trigger. I liked the RMR option. The standard X Ray sights were very useable.

    Im aware there is little SIG love out there, concerns about quality and the whole SIG drop fire issue though the X Carry and X5 were never embroiled in this or 'recalled'.

    The Danish Army has just selected it after extensive reliability testing in adverse conditions as its new service pistol so perhaps its a model in which there can be some confidence.

    Any thoughts from users out there with good round counts? Anyone carrying it? Or is there something Im missing and I should walk by?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    214
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a customer that comes in about 2 times a week and shoots about 250 rounds threw his. Been doing so for the last two months and carries it daily. I have shot it new out the box and recently with that round count. It shoots wonderful. Even though it is not my personal gun, he shoots it often and carries it daily.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    307
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nscc2 View Post
    Hi all - looking for some opinions on the SIG 320 X Carry.

    I spent a lot of time at the NRA show seeking out a new carry gun and the one that I felt fitted me best was the X Carry. I like to keep my carry guns as stock as possible. Felt very natural to me in the hand and pointed well. It had excellent build quality and a superb stock trigger. I liked the RMR option. The standard X Ray sights were very useable.

    Im aware there is little SIG love out there, concerns about quality and the whole SIG drop fire issue though the X Carry and X5 were never embroiled in this or 'recalled'.

    The Danish Army has just selected it after extensive reliability testing in adverse conditions as its new service pistol so perhaps its a model in which there can be some confidence.

    Any thoughts from users out there with good round counts? Anyone carrying it? Or is there something Im missing and I should walk by?
    I have an X carry and it saw some time in a duty holster with me. Overall I really like it, shot great, and never had a failure. The only reason it isn't in my duty rotation any longer......see below...my black 19X. I have carried glocks for many, many years, and the platform just works a bit better for my uses. The 19X fills the same role as the X carry, but it is slightly thinner and lighter. If I wasn't able to have it in black, then I would likely still be carrying my X Carry.




    TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Cerified M&P LE Armorer
    Registered FFL
    ColdBoreCustom.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SWMT
    Posts
    6,459
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I have an X carry and it saw some time in a duty holster with me. Overall I really like it, shot great, and never had a failure. The only reason it isn't in my duty rotation any longer......see below...my black 19X. I have carried glocks for many, many years, and the platform just works a bit better for my uses. The 19X fills the same role as the X carry, but it is slightly thinner and lighter. If I wasn't able to have it in black, then I would likely still be carrying my X Carry.

    https://i.imgur.com/9cT3XAu.jpg


    TXPO
    Rit dye and Cerakote or is that factory?
    " For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny)[.] "
    - NiccolÚ Machiavelli, 1520 -
    Dell'Arte della Guerra (The Art of War)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    307
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Rit dye and Cerakote or is that factory?
    Rit, and temporarily a 19.5 slide while the X slide is being Nitrided black. I also modified the grip to accept all generations of magazines. Glock has a Black version coming, but I got tired of waiting.


    TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-13-18 at 06:21.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Cerified M&P LE Armorer
    Registered FFL
    ColdBoreCustom.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,346
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Iíve looked at the SIG and viewed a lot of YouTube reviews of it - question that Iíd have is bore axis. It sure looks like thereís a lot of muzzle flip no matter who is shooting it. Anyone with experience care to comment?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    The X Carry is a great pistol out of the box. Mine has been 100% reliable and very accurate. I personally love the grip module and ergos of the platform.

    It does have a higher bore axis then say a glock but the recoil impulse is great. For ME, if find no difference in my split times between say a glock 19 and the x carry. On a timer, I am able to deliver accurate shots with either platform in the high teens.

    The only place the x carry is lacking right now is in aftermarket support. However, if you are planning to keep it completely stock, that will not be an issue. There are plenty of holster makers out there already making rigs for the 320.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Herndon,VA
    Posts
    794
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I’ve looked at the SIG and viewed a lot of YouTube reviews of it - question that I’d have is bore axis. It sure looks like there’s a lot of muzzle flip no matter who is shooting it. Anyone with experience care to comment?
    I ran the P320 test at work in 2015 and have been through two firearms instructor courses since then with the weapon. Probably close to 8,000 rounds through a few different guns with classes and quals. I don't see the muzzle flip. I own or have owned every major model pistol you can name. The only pistol with muzzle flip that surprised me was the Walther P99 and PPQ. Most others seem similar to me. I shot a X carry at quals last week and really liked that flat trigger. I run a small carry grip on my duty pistol to get my hand a little further up under the slide. The extended beaver tail of the X carry gets the pistol low on the web of your hand. David

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •