Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Rifleman Article: Testing 38 Special

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

I'd like to go to six shot LCR .327's actually. Gain one shot and all .32 s&w and .32 magnum is low recoil. But it's very expensive, too.
    I have to admit I'm pretty curious about the .327 Magnum but have never shot one. I'm told the cartridge is quite obnoxious.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have to admit I'm pretty curious about the .327 Magnum but have never shot one. I'm told the cartridge is quite obnoxious.
    I'd get some .327 to try it. But I'd be content with shooting .32 s&w long and .32 magnum (and carrying .32 mag.).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd get some .327 to try it. But I'd be content with shooting .32 s&w long and .32 magnum (and carrying .32 mag.).
    Who all is making 32 H&R Mag defense ammo other than Hornady?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Who all is making 32 H&R Mag defense ammo other than Hornady?

Georgia Arms, Buffalo Bore, Underwood are three I can think of off hand.

I'd want a jhp that doesn't expand much or just a SWC style bullet. Underwood probably has a Lehigh defense alloy bullet load and that's probably what I'd use.

Or https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=90
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-02-18 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Georgia Arms, Buffalo Bore, Underwood are three I can think of off hand.

I'd want a jhp that doesn't expand much or just a SWC style bullet. Underwood probably has a Lehigh defense alloy bullet load and that's probably what I'd use.

Or https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...duct_list&c=90
    I looked on Underwood's site earlier and did not see a .32 or .327 load listed. Maybe I missed them.

I have my doubts about the Lehigh bullet anyway. I think they are most likely a gimmick.

Feedback Score
    I looked on Underwood's site earlier and did not see a .32 or .327 load listed. Maybe I missed them.

I have my doubts about the Lehigh bullet anyway. I think they are most likely a gimmick.

I didn't see an offering at Underwood either.

To me the Lehigh Defense and Penetrator pistol bullets are light, very fast (in certain calibers) wadcutters. They make a pistol lighter, have less recoil, and cut a deep hole. They arent blasty, are low or mild flash, and fired casings dont show over pressure signs.
    Based on the testing (especially chrono) I've seen they are assembled with precision.

I've fired them and other Underwood loads in 10mm, .40, and .357 Auto. It's all been accurate, high quality ammo.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-02-18 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    Black Hills also makes a load for 32 H&R Mag.

Underwood ammo is not a gimmick BTW.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerOne View Post
    Black Hills also makes a load for 32 H&R Mag.

Underwood ammo is not a gimmick BTW.
    I like Underwood as a general rule. I think they do a nice job.

What I see as the gimmick is the Lehigh bullet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12