Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What 11.5" barrel would you go with?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

What 11.5" barrel would you go with?

Going with a sbr 11.5" barrel and adjustable gas block for suppressor, with vltor mur upper.

What 11.5" barrel and adjustable gas block combo would yall go with?

Im thinking bcm 11.5" chf govt profile. I want the best quality for this build. Would you go with a government profile barrel for suppressor use?

I want to see what other good options there are. This is the barrel Im looking at
    https://dsgarms.com/bcm-brl-s-11-bfh
    Last edited by snackgunner; 06-13-18 at 04:18.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wouldn’t go with an adjustable gas block at all.

After having been down that road, for a dedicated suppressed 11.5, I’d go with a Sionics 11.5 RGP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ll second the Sionics RGP barrel.
    Mines awesome.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Couple of questions that may be pertinent:
    Whats the upper build for (accuracy, plinker, main defence gun, classes)?
    Do you have any other requirements on the barrel other than using a suppressor?
    What suppressor?
    Will it be suppressed 100% of the time?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Spikes Tactical/FN 11.5" Cold Hammer Forged barrel.
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-17-18 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    i think DD's 11.5" is top draw. i also used a faxon gunner on an ultralight build that i'm very happy with.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    That sionics looks interesting, wish I knew about it when I was shopping for my SBR.

I have a BCM 11.5" BFH Govt profile, the only downside while using my Saker is that I get a lot of gas to my face. Enough to make my eyes water and follow up shots become almost impossible when shooting rapidly. I am a left handed shooter, so that probably plays a role. This doesn't happen every time, though.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I love my SIONICS RGP. But I really think it's a CORRECTLY gassed barrel. I don't run a can on mine. I still like the idea of an adjustable for a suppressed SBR so you can really choke it down.

Every one of our short guns are tuned to cycle like rifles.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    Going with a sbr 11.5" barrel and adjustable gas block for suppressor, with vltor mur upper.

What 11.5" barrel and adjustable gas block combo would yall go with?

Im thinking bcm 11.5" chf govt profile. I want the best quality for this build. Would you go with a government profile barrel for suppressor use?

I want to see what other good options there are. This is the barrel Im looking at
    https://dsgarms.com/bcm-brl-s-11-bfh
    The VLTOR MUR upper is a good one and I really like one I use on a 20" precision upper. But they are a bit expensive. Take a look at the BCM upper receiver. It's designed to be stiffer and held to closer tolerances than your typical milspec forged upper and it's less costly than the MUR.

Barrel profile isn't critical. Pick one you like and go. I'm using a Colt 6933 barrel which has the 11.5" gov profile and it's shot 100% suppressed. The Faxon tapered Gunner profile would work just as well. The SOCOM out FBI profile is heavier but controls heat better.

Hammer forged is nice but isn't critical. I wouldn't pay extra just to get a CHF barrel.

Don't agonize over barrel choice. Pick a quality barrel, whether it's 4150 or stainless steel, chrome lined or nitrided, heavy or light and get to shooting.

Use the SLR 7 adjustable gas block. Simple, reliable and SLR backs their products.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Barrel profile isn't critical.
    Maybe not critical, but I do like the meatier profile of the Sionics for heat absorbing ability with a can.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast