G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: CZ P-09 question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,453
    Feedback Score
    0

    CZ P-09 question

    Is the CZ P-09 essentially a polymer-framed CZ75 or are there significant differences?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,223
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The original P07 and P09s were listed as "CZ75 P-07 Duty".

    It's still internal frame rails, hammer fired, DA/SA. They have the Omega options for Safety instead of DA/SA.

    But, yes.

    However, the grips have been reported as feeling a little different in regards to profile. Mag options are less available with the P models. The internal moving parts are, to my knowledge, very similar. But it appears to have some variance to the 75s.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,012
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's an evolution but not just a polymer version. There are polymer versions of the CZ-75 design from CZ if you want one. The P-07/09 has, relative to frame size, more capacity, a different grip shape with slab sides, they all have the Omega trigger (which is optional on the CZ-75), and Sig-style ejection port locking (as used on >90% of handguns) instead of the 1911 or Browning HP-style internal locking lugs on the CZ-75. All the profiles are more square and angular vs. the -75. Slide and barrel are nitride treated on the current versions, while most of the classic CZ models still have painted frame/slide and other metal treatments on the barrel.

    CZ-75 mags have an aftermarket which is reasonably priced. P-series does not, so you're paying $39 or so per mag for CZ factory mags. Maybe this will change someday.

    I shoot both. I like the -75 grip shape better, but the P-07 has very soft recoil for its size (mine is a .40).
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Use InfoGalactic instead of Wikipedia - avoid Wikipedia's left bias

    https://infogalactic.com/info/Main_Page
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The internals of the 09/07 polymer series are different from the original metal frame 75 series. They are not interchangeable.

    If you have to put a compensator on a 9mm, maybe you should buy panties instead of briefs - Ken Hackathorn via Facebook live

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    184
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want a polymer 75 then the phantom is the way to go. I have the p07, p09 and the phantom. The phantom is lighter than the p09 and uses standard 75 mags so mags can be found cheaper. P09/7 use cz specific mags and are more expensive. I like all three but the phantom is quickly growing on me. They are all cajun gun worked out with internals.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,252
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like others have mention the P09/P07 are a newer design and utilize proprietary magazines.

    I will say that the P09 is the softest shooting CZ that I own and that kinda irritates me. I have a Shadow Custom ($1200) and my $450 P09 has less muzzle flip when shooting.

    If you are a reloader then understand the P series guns have extremely short throats and itís a PITA to load 147 grain Bullets short enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    suburbs of Philly Pa
    Posts
    2,551
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post

    CZ-75 mags have an aftermarket which is reasonably priced. P-series does not, so you're paying $39 or so per mag for CZ factory mags. Maybe this will change someday.
    I thought the P07 and P10C share the same mags just with slightly different base plates.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,012
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I thought the P07 and P10C share the same mags just with slightly different base plates.
    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I don't have a P10 or know much about them. Is there a more reasonably priced magazine option for the P10?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Use InfoGalactic instead of Wikipedia - avoid Wikipedia's left bias

    https://infogalactic.com/info/Main_Page
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    suburbs of Philly Pa
    Posts
    2,551
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I don't have a P10 or know much about them. Is there a more reasonably priced magazine option for the P10?
    Well the P10 mags are about $35ish. I have tried my 07 and 10 and both look identical and fit. Haven't shot them with that way yet, was hoping to do it tomorrow.

    I can't remember if the P10C base plate is slightly wider than the P07 grip or slightly narrower but there is a slight difference



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 06-15-18 at 08:02.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    478
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Like others have mention the P09/P07 are a newer design and utilize proprietary magazines.

    I will say that the P09 is the softest shooting CZ that I own and that kinda irritates me. I have a Shadow Custom ($1200) and my $450 P09 has less muzzle flip when shooting.

    If you are a reloader then understand the P series guns have extremely short throats and itís a PITA to load 147 grain Bullets short enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My observations mirror yours - it's not necessarily the total weight of the pistol that reduces muzzle flip, but weight of slide that makes it softer shooting. I've never weighed out slides, but found the P09 and 1911 in 9mm the softest in my hands.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •